Gibson Brands Forums

Going To A Concert And I'm Not Happy

Sgt. Pepper

Yeah, he did that Chris guy thing.  It didn't go well as I recall.  A rock show in the sense that it's a bunch of people doing what they do with all the lights and drama that go along with it so yeah, he's country, but all of them guys are just major keyed southern drawl beer drinkin rock shows, really well choreographed and lights and all that.  It's exciting no matter the genre to some.

Yes, I see him with Takamines all the time too.  Don't know who is in his band or what they use, but I'm sure it'll be tasty stuff played well.

rct

Who is doing the choreography The cold hearted snake Paula Abdul?

I've heard a heap ton of Garth, my wife loves the guy and I have heard probably almost everything he has done - Rope The Wind, No Fences, Sevens, Man Against Machine, In Pieces and that is just  what I can remember off the top of my head.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, rct said:

lolz.  Bad choice of words I guess.  I mean all the timing, all the lights, smoke, fireworks, all that, all timed flawlessly.  

rct

Oh there is gonna be smoke. Its the kind that is legal in Cali.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

15 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Wow, I'm glad I'm allowed to express my opinion. Are you guys seriously getting your panties in bunch cause I'm not a Garth fan? What would happen If I say in the past I've owned a Fender Strat? Would members show up at my door with pitchforks and burning stakes? Looks like this place is gonna be a joy to hang around. Yep I know what the next post from some one would be, "you can leave anytime". So I typed it for you.

naw man,  you're free to hate it all ya want, in fact you're even free to even hate the Beatles IMHO  (Cuz I'm not a huge fan either!)  oh wups,  forgot about your name there...  DOH!

JK...   there are those days forum does need to get "light",  may be this is one of them..

For me there is 2 types of music good and bad or music I like and music I don't. And GB just happens to be on the don't side. And people are upset about it?

If you don't like The Beatles then you don't. I'm fine with that. And no matter how hard I could try to sway to The Beatles side,  it probably wont happen by some guy on a forum.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Sarge...

I don't like country music, and I certainly wouldn't spend a dime to see him or any of the others that run in that pack.  I could have easily penned this post had it been me.

Beatles was a part of the landscape when I was growing up,  (born in 57).   I've played many of their tunes,  some out of necessity as a performing member of countless bands and some because I do like them.  

I am just one of the guys that felt the sting of Beatles overload.

I understand some people are still very faithful followers and consume with delight every new article of factoid, trivia or "new remastered" piece that comes out. 

I'm not one of those guys.   I am fine with it all, just in much smaller doses.

Edited by kidblast

I do love the 50th Anniversary stuff. I think they are better that the original releases, but that's me. When you boil it down they were just 4 guys that happened to be in a pretty big band.

I'm not naïve. I know what Garth means to the country world and his significance in country music and its history, I'm just can't get behind his music.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm not naïve. I know what Garth means to the country world and his significance in country music and its history, I'm just can't get behind his music.

Zackly how I feel about it too.  I could add the Rolling Stones to that list too.  Totally get what they contributed, never owned a single Stones album.

Saw Vida Blue pitch against Phil Necro when I was a kid in Oakland in 1979 I think. I think Phil got ejected for throwing spitters. A's has some great years in the 70's than again in the late 80's. They are making a comeback. My Raiders, lord help us and please fire Gruden.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

are you trying to change the subject Doug????  cuz I think you're trying to change the subject..  LOL!

21 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Saw Vida Blue pitch against Phil Necro when I was a kid in Oakland in 1979 I think. I think Phil got ejected for throwing spitters. A's has some great years in the 70's than again in the late 80's. They are making a comeback. My Raiders, lord help us and please fire Gruden.

yea, trying to add some levity to the thread ...

yep, your A's were a force to reckon with back in the 70's. Vida Blue could bring the heat. Sal Bando, Al Downing, Catfish Hunter, La Russa, Rollie Fingers, Reggie ... 

damn. you guys were something.

You are perfectly within your rights to dislike Garth. Not everybody's music speaks to everyone. I'm with you on the two types of music good (songs I like) and bad (what I don't care for).

If it were me, I'd do it for my wife. If it was something I didn't like, and it only happened once a year or so, I'd put up with it and enjoy her having a good time. After all it won't hurt, and isn't as much work as redoing the kitchen. 😉

I don't like sports. They bore me. If my wife wanted to watch the super bowl or the world series, I'd do it for her. She does a lot of things for me that I wouldn't call fun.

But then we have a special relationship and are matched really well (in other words, I got very lucky the second time around).

Insights and incites by Notes

Like my topic says I'm going just not happy about it. Its next year some time April, May June. Not sure. Usually I am in charge of buying concert tix, but since this is her special dude, she took over the honors.  I helped out an tried but once I got in queue, the site said that 2000+ people were ahead of me and she was already in queue. 

I guess in one why I am lucky cause my wive loves to watch sports, especially football. Even though this year I am not interested as much as I usually am, and my team is a total train wreck this year and has been for a long time. Chucky was supposed to be the savior again but is a clown and I'm not happy they rehired him back a few years ago.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper