Gibson Brands Forums

Used prices for Hummingbird Standard

220volt

3 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just looked on Reverb and $2500 was the lowest. There was one in Japan for $2200 but they wanted almost $200 to ship it.

Yeah reverb prices are insane as of late. If you look at sold ones and it will be much lower.  I was just wondering what they;re going for on forums where sellers and buyers don't have to deal with fees and taxes much. 

Reverb prices are out of control ,and out of mind . Chicago Music Exchange is over the top as well ,perhaps because its world wide ?

Try your local Kijiji or Craigslist for more reasonable prices  Best price i have seen of late 2500 -2700  Canadian 

Good time of year to snag one ..people sell for Christmas money ...

Happy holidays .

There are two HBird Standards on my local Craigslist, for $2500, that haven't sold yet. I think they've been there for 5-6 weeks now. One is a 2002 and the other a 2005 and they're both appear to be in excellent condition. Somewhere in the $2000 to $2200 range would be my best guess for a sale. 

Edited by TomPhx

I picked one up from a Craigslist seller in San Diego in March for $1650. Good + condition, not mint by any means. It sat for weeks at $1800, $1750, $1700. I figured once he brought it down one more time, someone would snatch it up, so I made sure that someone was me. 

Edited by Veeing Fly

• 2 weeks later...

So I picked one up just a few weeks ago off of Kijiji in Ontario. $2600 for a mint condition 2014 Quilt Maple Cherryburst. There's a pic in my intro writeup.  

They are available on local second hand sites, but you just have to check everyday and dont settle.  It took me years to find this one.  She had it at $3500 and it wouldn't sell.  

It's hard to patient when wanting a new toy, but definitely worth it.