Gibson Brands Forums

NGD

rct

Thank You all for the good wishes!  I can't say enough how nice that neck is, great 9.5 with the right depth of board, really really nice neck.

Mrs amazed at only 6 days between OH MY GOD to playing one in our house.  Has never ever happened in 40 mumble years together.  Had to move, don't see that neck often at all.  Usually takes me YEARS to move on something like that.

rct

On 12/21/2019 at 4:06 PM, sparquelito said:

WOW. 

I thought that the natural wood grain Thinline was the most fetching, but THAT  is downright gorgeous. 

Congrats, and play joyously and in good health, good sir. 

🙂

Thank You Sparky McSparkinator, The Mayor of Sparquelitoville For Life!

rct

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2019 at 4:37 PM, jdgm said:

Nice colour...congrats.  

I'm a sucker for matching headstocks.....[thumbup]

But what about the case?  You haven't mentioned the case!!!

It's a G&G American case.  Not real fluffy on the inside, but decent.  It'll do!

rct

21 hours ago, merciful-evans said:

A thinline with that colour, that pickguard and a flat ebony fingerboard, is too good. The Fender rules clearly state there has to be something wrong with all Teles. But no, it's even got the vital extra fret and a matching headstock. So what is it? Does it weight 10lbs? Does the case smell funny? 

But I'm very happy for you rct & not even slightly envious.

ebony....! 😯

5.6 pounds, case smells like a new polyester painted guitar case should.

EBONY!

rct

1 hour ago, Big Bill said:

So that's what the peeing in the britches was about! 

Congratulations. I know you have been wanting a blue Tele with an ebony fretboard for awhile. I hope you will enjoy for years to come!

How where you able to borrow Guitar God's camera?

lolz yes, I peed and threw up a little when I saw the first one.

lolz again!

rct

I generally think of all of their shapes and profiles as being basically all the same.  This one is just divine to play, a really good 9.5" neck.  I have a few, a couple 12", and a 7.25 of old on the Esquire.  They all pretty much feel the same to me.  Whatever they call this shape is ok with me because it is just nice.  I do not like the current Compound Radius on the Elites.  I was after one of the Teles with Ebony on the board but it only took 5 minutes to hate that compound.  This regular old 9.5  was sent from heaven.

rct

4 minutes ago, rct said:

I generally think of all of their shapes and profiles as being basically all the same.  This one is just divine to play, a really good 9.5" neck.  I have a few, a couple 12", and a 7.25 of old on the Esquire.  They all pretty much feel the same to me.  Whatever they call this shape is ok with me because it is just nice.  I do not like the current Compound Radius on the Elites.  I was after one of the Teles with Ebony on the board but it only took 5 minutes to hate that compound.  This regular old 9.5  was sent from heaven.

rct

Niiiccceee!