Gibson Brands Forums

What color is my Les Paul?

brandonhutch

Hello all.  I picked this guitar up years ago for a great price but now I'm very interested in the details.  Running the serial number through the database shows it as a 2002 made in Korea.  It appears to be a Les Paul Plus Top by all indications but I cannot nail down an official color.  It appears much of a richer/darker color than either the Desertburst or Iced Tea but maybe it is one of those.

Any help is appreciated and thank you in advance!

IMG_20191222_125023.jpg

• Like 1

That model of Epiphone Les Paul was offered in the following finishes, according to Fjestad's Blue Book:
Honey Burst, Heritage Cherry Sunburst, Trans. Amber, Trans. Blue, Vintage Sunburst, or Wine Red.

I have looked up examples of all those finishes, and yours doesn't resemble any of those. 

Whatever it is, it sure is beautiful!!
:)

• Thanks 1

Its about 18 years old, so chances are it looks different from when it came out of the factory. 

See if you can find someone else with the same guitar.  Maybe they might know.  And maybe there's looks different from yours.  

• Like 1

On 12/25/2019 at 2:53 AM, Pinch said:

Looks like a burgundy red that's been in a window for a while?

Great LPs, the PlusTops.

Well, I can't speak for the storage conditions in the the 3 years between manufacture and when I purchased it, but it's been in the case ever since 2005.  🤷‍♂️

• 2 weeks later...