Gibson Brands Forums

House plans. Wife isn't super happy

Tman

51 minutes ago, rct said:

lolz

Anything new to add to that room wing???

rct

Well as a matter of factoid, because you gave me a head's up on one on Reverb, I made a bid and succeeded!

An EJ Thinline, thanks for the tip RCT! I am ecstatic!

vmKCzzR.jpg

FJwlw9M.jpg

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

Looks like this is becoming the "Year of the F Hole", Merry Christmas..

Year of the F hole...That has a certain ring to it. 

7 minutes ago, rct said:

I. Am. Jelly.

Congratulations and enjoy!

rct

Me too and thanks for the tip!

• Like 1

I asked for a guitar case. Having trouble telling what this is before I open it. Maybe trying to tell me something. 😄WK3IPPV.jpg

Actually working today since all of my younger partners have kids and mine are grown. Loads of coffee. Will be in Mr. Naturals shape tonight.

On 12/25/2019 at 7:54 AM, Tman said:

Thanks BBP, Things are improving at a constant pace now. In part because of my ability to come to this place.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you and yours!Looking forward to hearing more of your handiwork!

I hope your future in California is free of difficulties. I grew up in the La Canada, La Crescenta, Montrose area and in the summer smog from LA would come in and settle on the hills causing me to have constant nose bleeds. When I was 12 we moved to Orange County and got out of the smog.. My sisters house was wiped out by a mud slide in Verdugo Hills while she was in the house. You  never know what nature may throw at you next, stay safe..

I am enjoying my new 'F Hole' quite a bit..

Edited by mihcmac

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

I hope your future in California is free of difficulties. I grew up in the La Canada, La Crescenta, Montrose area and in the summer smog from LA would come in and settle on the hills causing me to have constant nose bleeds. When I was 12 we moved to Orange County and got out of the smog.. My sisters house was wiped out by a mud slide in Verdugo Hills while she was in the house. You  never know what nature may throw at you next, stay safe..

I am enjoying my new 'F Hole' quite a bit..

Until last year I thought it was no big deal with respect to any danger living out here and I've been through 3 or 4 earthquakes which is what folks used to be afraid of mostly it seemed. I grew up in Arkansas and remember hunkering down in the bathtub with a mattress over our heads when the tornado warning sirens would blare.  That scared the sh!t out of me.

Now here in CA it seems things have changed but I guess that is mostly because it affected my wife and I in such a big way. One thing I didn't mention is that my wife's father was living with us at the time of the fire and had to evacuate saving him and our dog. Exactly one year before, his house burned down in the Sylmar fire of 2017. He went through it twice in 2 years! Unbelievable. He is a pastor. He just puts it into perspective. 

btw where In HI are you? We celebrated her birthday in September on Oahu. It was so fantastic!

Edited by Tman
additional info

23 hours ago, Tman said:

Until last year I thought it was no big deal with respect to any danger living out here and I've been through 3 or 4 earthquakes which is what folks used to be afraid of mostly it seemed. I grew up in Arkansas and remember hunkering down in the bathtub with a mattress over our heads when the tornado warning sirens would blare.  That scared the sh!t out of me.

Now here in CA it seems things have changed but I guess that is mostly because it affected my wife and I in such a big way. One thing I didn't mention is that my wife's father was living with us at the time of the fire and had to evacuate saving him and our dog. Exactly one year before, his house burned down in the Sylmar fire of 2017. He went through it twice in 2 years! Unbelievable. He is a pastor. He just puts it into perspective. 

btw where In HI are you? We celebrated her birthday in September on Oahu. It was so fantastic!

Some scientists are saying we are at the beginning of another Ice Age that according to earth history come around on a predictable schedule, but greenhouse gasses are providing a warmer climate that will have more extremes.. Anyway its hard to say where safe will be.

I am on the east side of the Big Island of Hawaii with active volcanos and have experienced a few bad hurricanes. Prior to  coming here I lived in the east valley of Maricopa in Az where there is an unreported tornado path, funnel clouds reported but they just call them microbursts. I saw telephone poles snapped along the road I was driving on and had to drive under one hanging by its wires. California has had more than its share of bad luck lately, my daughter and her family live just below Riverside..  Oh dear I digress,,,,

We need to just make our homes as safe a s possible, be prepared for what ever comes and blast our guitars in the face of danger..

Yesterday I played my new F Hole sitting by Reeds Bay close to Hilo using a couple of my Micro Cubes, it was a great day..

Wish you well...

🙂

Edited by mihcmac