Gibson Brands Forums

Need advice for a talk box

RichCI

I can't remember which one it is but, if I recall correctly, there's one out there that doesn't require a microphone. That is, the tube has some sort of built in mic that runs right back to the effect so it can be run right back into the amp. It's probably a moot point since I'll be using it with a PA anyway, but I think it'd be nice to have the effect be independent of having a PA.

Anyone know what I'm asking about?

Thanks. I was looking at the Banshee as it seems more straightforward. I could have sworn I read about one that had it's own mic built onto the end of the tube that looped the signal back to the box so it would go back down through the amp though; that would be ideal... I think.

This came up because we're going to try playing "Sweet Emotion" and I figured it would be cool to do it like the version on Live Bootleg.

This came up because we're going to try playing "Sweet Emotion" and I figured it would be cool to do it like the version on Live Bootleg.

Ya know, once you have it you'll have to add "Feel Like We Do" and "Rocky Mountain Way" to your set list as well! :-s

Heh! No doubt! If nothing else, I can say "In your face!" to my brother, the bass player in my band. He's always busting my chops because, supposedly, I'm move my mouth or talk what I play or whatever. If I get the talk box, I'll at least have an excuse. :-

Archived