Gibson Brands Forums

Post a Pic of Your Christmas Gifts

Big Bill

38 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Who are those guys? I had to hide under my bed for a minuit.

The guitar players from Ghost. I don't know who are in the costumes these days after the old band left/were fired, though..

Who'da thunk that little project would end up in arenas in less than ten years' time...

Edited by Pinch

That I can do.

I also don't get hounded out of the kitchen, I don't have to listen to Judge Judy, I don't have to hear long-winded stories about people I don't know, that kind of stuff.

My gifts were okay (some money, some brown dress gloves that I asked for, a giant ceramic Merry Christmas mug which I can use once a year) so I do my own shopping.   After having that heart attack on the motorcycle in October I figure that I should get the things I would like to have before they plant me in the ground.

This year it was some new (to me) leather motorcycle jackets and I replaced my hat collection which was lost in a flood years ago: bowlers, derbies, homburgs and fedoras.  A silk, collapsible top hat is the only item I'm missing at the moment.  That was a fun thing to screw around with but is really out of place here in the middle of nowhere.  They're also stupidly expensive so maybe I'll give that one a pass.

Edited by SteveFord

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

That I can do.

I also don't get hounded out of the kitchen, I don't have to listen to Judge Judy, I don't have to hear long-winded stories about people I don't know, that kind of stuff.

My gifts were okay (some money, some brown dress gloves that I asked for, a giant ceramic Merry Christmas mug which I can use once a year) so I do my own shopping.   After having that heart attack on the motorcycle in October I figure that I should get the things I would like to have before they plant me in the ground.

This year it was some new (to me) leather motorcycle jackets and I replaced my hat collection which was lost in a flood years ago: bowlers, derbies, homburgs and fedoras.  A silk, collapsible top hat is the only item I'm missing at the moment.  That was a fun thing to screw around with but is really out of place here in the middle of nowhere.  They're also stupidly expensive so maybe I'll give that one a pass.

Holy hell that happened when you were riding? 

On 12/28/2019 at 8:35 PM, rct said:

Yeah, we haven't done the Christmas gift thing in a long time now.  We put up lights, put our tree up, have a really nice dinner and some bubbly.  We give each other stuff all year.

rct

Thats us also.  No need for a certain day for gifts, we get things through the year. It was nice just looking at the tree decorated and the grandchildren happy. 

I can’t post a pic to save my life. This has to be the most lame site for posting your pictures.

Now that I got that off my chest, I retired and received a beautiful framed retirement certificate signed by the Director of the Tuscaloosa VA Medical Center. I moved to East Tennessee and purchased a home in Johnson City. Bought over 10k worth of new furniture and for my retirement gift to me I bought a new amp and guitar. But you will never see a picture because I have exhausted my data for pictures. Pity!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Navy Vet. said:

... you will never see a picture because I have exhausted my data for pictures ... 

Numerous other forums don't let you post a pic at all on their sites.  You have to use an external photo host site.  So it is kind of nice Gibson allows this at all.  There are many such reputable sites that do it for free:  

1. Google Photos
  2. Imgur
  3. Dropbox
  4. TinyPic.
  5. Use
  6. Flickr
  7. 500px
  8. SmugMug

55 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

You win.  My pants got tight.

lol. it's no Martin like what BB got but I'm pretty happy. 1st time I've ever gotten a new guitar that after a few weeks I start looking at my other guitars and think "I don't really need these". I know that's blasphemous ...

1 hour ago, Karloff said:

lol. it's no Martin like what BB got but I'm pretty happy. 1st time I've ever gotten a new guitar that after a few weeks I start looking at my other guitars and think "I don't really need these". I know that's blasphemous ...

A 335 is the one. I would take those over a LP or SG any day of the week. Nothing it can't do. Once you get over how big they are every thing else comes in second place.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Karloff said:

Beautiful! Yay another "F" hole... 🙂

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

A 335 is the one. I would take those over a LP or SG any day of the week. Nothing it can't do. Once you get over how big they are every thing else comes in second place.

Sgt. I gotta tell you, I'm really blown away with it.  the tone is almost 3 dimensional. I can almost see the notes coming out of the amp. (or maybe thats the Dead concert from '77 coming back on me ...)

Nice Martin Big Bill!

My wife got me this but Guitar Center still hasn't gotten it in store. I love it and it will house my 1987 Black Strat.

kS52UQx.jpg

I got her a gift certificate to a clothing store. Since she took over (we) her new business she needed business clothes. I wrapped up a picture of the certificate and wrapped in a box but they delivered it electronically spoiling the surprise. btw this is the first Christmas we've exchanged gifts in years, since my kids moved out. Like was said, we get each stuff all year long.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tman said:

Nice Martin Big Bill!

My wife got me this but Guitar Center still hasn't gotten it in store. I love it and it will house my 1987 Black Strat.

kS52UQx.jpg

I got her a gift certificate to a clothing store. Since she took over (we) her new business she needed business clothes. I wrapped up a picture of the certificate and wrapped in a box but they delivered it electronically spoiling the surprise. btw this is the first Christmas we've exchanged gifts in years, since my kids moved out. Like was said, we get each stuff all year long.

beautiful case . RCT check 'er out !   and yes, Big Bill, that Martin is beautiful ... congrats. awesome cmas gift. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tman said:

Love this, really beautiful!Don't put a peace sign sticker on it but do play some Alvin Lee!

lol,  it's funny you mention that. a friend of mine in Canada was going to send me a couple Alvinesque stickers just for it. I respectfully declined. 

3 hours ago, Karloff said:

Sgt. I gotta tell you, I'm really blown away with it.  the tone is almost 3 dimensional. I can almost see the notes coming out of the amp. (or maybe thats the Dead concert from '77 coming back on me ...)

At least in '77 it was not the cash grab joke Dead that recently went around. The Grateful Dead, if you like them when they had a good night were like no other band on the planet.