Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
01GT eibach

Les Paul Trad Pro V

So, it looks like there is a new Trad Pro V at Guitar Center that comes in two finish variants:

$2800 - Striped  maple top with gloss finish, available in Washed Cherry Burst or Blueberry Burst

$1900 - Plain maple top with satin finish, available in Satin Iced Tea or Satin Wine Red

Both guitars seem to have all the same features:

- Asymmetrical neck with compound-radius rosewood fingerboard

- Locking Grover tuners

- Weight-relief 9-hole body

- Gibson Tradbucker pickups with coil-split, coil-tap and phase via a control-cavity DIP switch

- Hardshell case

SATIN VERSION/PLAIN TOP:                                                              GLOSS VERSION/FLAME TOP:                                          

L69588000001000-00-220x220.jpg                                               L69587000002000-00-220x220.jpg

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/Les-Paul-Traditional-Pro-V-Flame-Top-Electric-Guitar-Blueberry-Burst-1500000302776.gc

I had a Trad Pro II.  It was a sweet machine. I ripped out the boost stuff and wired it the traditional way. Rim shot.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

So $900 (47%!!!) more for gloss and flame.  Gotta really want it bad for that difference.  The Trad Pros have generally been good solid performers.  I think they are totally off the mark being called "Traditionals".  In reality should have been called "HP"s, equipped as they are.  But it is just a name. 

I have a Trad Pro 3T and really like it all the way around.  Nothing second class about it being a Dealer model. 

20 minutes ago, Wmachine said:

So $900 (47%!!!) more for gloss and flame.  Gotta really want it bad for that difference.  The Trad Pros have generally been good solid performers.  I think they are totally off the mark being called "Traditionals".  In reality should have been called "HP"s, equipped as they are.  But it is just a name. 

I have a Trad Pro 3T and really like it all the way around.  Nothing second class about it being a Dealer model. 

I give you an AMEN!!

The first "Trad Pro" was actually called the "Les Paul Standard Traditional Pro" and ran from 2009-2011.  It had a list price of $1900, while a Les Paul Standard listed for $2300.  So, it was quite a bit cheaper than  a true Standard.  Hence, it makes the fact that today's new upper Trad Pro model costs $300 more than a true Standard-50s/60s seems a bit odd to me.

The original 09-11 Trad Pro had the following features which was an overall great package and leaned more to why they called it "Traditional":

- Plain maple top with a high-gloss gloss finish

- Satin back, sides, and neck ('60s neck profile)

- BB3 and Classic 57 pickups, with coil taps (all passive electronics; zebra-uncovered coils)

- Locking Grover tuners

- True MoP in-laid Gibson logo

- Weight-relieved (not chambered) mahogany body

- Antique binding, period-correct pickguard, vintage Gibson top hat knobs

- Plek setup and hard-shell snakeskin case

Edited by 01GT eibach
Add more details