Gibson Brands Forums

Head's Up - Good Sale at GC

Twang Gang

Most of you have probably seen this, but I got an email from Guitar Center yesterday about their year end sale.  Some pretty good looking deals.  IE a Les Paul classic that has retailed for $1999 forever listed at $1599.  Or a 2019 LP studio for $1149.  There's a 2018 ES 275 Custom listed at $2850.  All kinds of acoustics too with some pretty good discounts.   All new, so 45 day return policy and free shipping. 

Pretty sure these are all in the GC warehouse, so they are not all scratched up like the ones in the stores where the 14 year old's come in every day and beat them up.  I bought one guitar from their warehouse once, and was able to negotiate the price some, and it was untouched when I got it.  The list is at least 9 pages long.

So if you've been looking for something, but didn't want to shell out full price this could be an opportunity.  Might not have the color you want, but to me it's the sound that counts more than the looks.

I just got back from GC. Played a J-45 priced at 2799. With electronics and a strap button on the neck. I'll pass. Played two cool Double Cuts with P-90s. Played a nice SG Special. I need to sell my D-35 then I'm gonna take a leap to the next level and get  D-41.

44 minutes ago, 01GT eibach said:

They have a 2019 (before the models were revamped, I am assuming) SG Standard for $1149.  That is a great price.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/SG-Standard-2019-Electric-Guitar-Heritage-Cherry-1500000281773.gc

I've had a Standard and 2 specials and a faded. The special was my fav.

On 12/29/2019 at 5:01 PM, 01GT eibach said:

They have a 2019 (before the models were revamped, I am assuming) SG Standard for $1149.  That is a great price.

https://www.guitarcenter.com/Gibson/SG-Standard-2019-Electric-Guitar-Heritage-Cherry-1500000281773.gc

oh dang, i have to resist this impulse to buy it! im gonna get kick outta the house haha