Gibson Brands Forums

Wiring diagram needed

Bluesburst

Putting this in the lounge hoping for a wider audience.

I'm planning on an Explorer soon and would like to update swap out the pups (not 100% sure yet on which ones but WCR's or Bare Knuckles are contenders) and coil tap them but would also like a push pull pot on the tone to put them in series or parallel.

I can't find a diagram for that one. While I can wield a mean soldering iron, I need instructions as the only thing worse that my electronics knowledge is my guitar playing... really! I'm a 3 chord kinda guy:-$ but I play them loud and with feeling.

Thanks Tenthmed,

While it doesn't have exactly what I'm after, it's a fantastic site, particularly for the electronically challenged like myself.

There's enough info there to at least have me experiment a little if I can't find what I'm after.

Thanks Guys

The more I research, the more I wonder if it,s possible with 2 volume and 1 tone push pull pot.

I have an LP with Gibson Jimmy Page wiring and I find I never use the in/out phase push pull pot (lead tone). I was hoping a setup would be easily available that simply deleted the lead tone pot leaving a master tone that would provide the series / parallel option.

I wish I had have taken notice now in those electronics classes all those years ago...

Archived