Gibson Brands Forums

Which hardshell works with Les Paul Jr. Tribute DC Bass?

Lungimsam

• 1 month later...

I have a Blue Stain bass coming tomorrow. On another site a poster wrote that it was 41” long and that some aftermarket LP case did fit it. The only case I found that looks like a possible fit is a Gator GW-LP-Brown case 716408504001. I found conflicting info on different venders sites, so I went right to the Gator site & it lists the interior length as 41.9”. I think it sells for $119. What do you guys get for a total length on this bass?

https://www.gatorcases.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/GW-LP-BROWN.pdf

Edited by Grog

I took the bass to Guitar Center to try to find a case. They did have a Gator Flight Case for a Les Paul, the bass fit perfectly with just a little wiggle room. I ordered the case I mentioned above, it should fit the same. If it doesn’t, they said I could return it on the spot. I’ll let you know how it works. Should be her in 3 to 5 days.

0EfRojm.jpg

Edited by Grog

The bass fit great! It could use a little more padding under the end of the body, but that can be easily remedied. It fit better than I hoped with more extra room than I thought it would have. I feel fortunate to find something this close to fitting.

u25jUGx.jpg

3wV5ysn.jpg

2 hours ago, Realmongo said:

I think I'd like to get the flight case you showed above.

Guitar Center sold that one for $189. There were several versions on line. I think one was $169. I don’t really know what the difference was.....

The first thing I did to mine was remove the cloth cover.

Edited by Grog

Thanks, I think I'll take a ride over to Guitar Center tomorrow since I have the day off to have a look!

I did try putting it in my Les Paul Gibson case, but it was a little too long to fit.

Edited by Realmongo

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/25/2020 at 8:35 PM, Grog said:

The bass fit great! It could use a little more padding under the end of the body, but that can be easily remedied. It fit better than I hoped with more extra room than I thought it would have. I feel fortunate to find something this close to fitting.

u25jUGx.jpg

3wV5ysn.jpg

I decided to go with the same one you got for the Bass and just placed it on order.

I wound up getting a brown Gibson case for the Guitar.

• 4 months later...

The Gator GC-ELEC-XL Deluxe ABS Molded Case for Extra Long Baritone Guitar works, too. I had to compress the styrofoam on the inside of the lid in the area  over the face of the bass a little (using my heel) so it would not be such a tight fit but the mod worked and case fits like a glove now. Lid shuts all the way with ease now. It shut fine before but was a little bug for my taste so I compressed the styrofoam with my heel about 1/2cm.

Length of interior is perfect even with my extra long Dunlop locking strap button. There is about 1" from intierior to edge of headstock. Bass  doesn't;t slide around inside and the neck channel fits perfect.

Has lotsa storage room and very light even with the bass inside. Balkances well while carrying.

IMG_9782.jpg

IMG_9786.JPG

IMG_9785.jpg

It looks like it might be a better option. I have to put a small towel or something under the end of the body in my formed cases. Your case fits as is....

I may rip the material out someday & add 3/4” of styrofoam to fill the void. I did this to another case & it worked well.

Edited by Grog