Gibson Brands Forums

New Gibson G45

BluesKing777

3 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Your right. I saw a brand new one (J-45 Std)  the other day in GC it had electronics in it and it was $2799. So yes there not 3k, but close. Not sure how much the price comes down without electronics, $250 maybe not sure.

47 minutes ago, mmukav said:

@slimt--Gibson j45 standard--$2,749.00.  $2800 with tax. Close enough to $3000 for me.....

Here's a hint, fellas- if you paid the price that's marked on the tag-  you overpaid.

50 minutes ago, mmukav said:

@slimt--Gibson j45 standard--$2,749.00.  $2800 with tax. Close enough to $3000 for me.....

I want to live where tax on somthing $2749 is $51. What is that less than 2 cents tax on every dollar. I'm not math major so I could be wrong.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

1 hour ago, mmukav said:

@Stg. 🌶-Oh my, forgive my math skills. OK, how about $219.92, for a grand total of 

$2968.92.-----sheesh. And actually, there's your $3000, almost...

I'm done with this thread. Too squirrelly for me.....

Come on its fun to push the J-45 guys. So far Leonard McCoy has the quote of the thread. I am a sarcastic bastid. I'm on your side.

GC currently has 77 different Gibson acoustic models on their site. 41 are less than $3,000 - that seeming to be the 'magic number'.   ( Tax is irrelevant  to the discussion - it varies depending on where you live, goes to politicians, Gibson can't control  it and can't cut costs to compensate for it.)   One way to save the trees is to buy Carbon Fibre Guitars.  Sadly, they aren't below The Magic Number either.  But - if you want a 'name brand' -  you can get a Martin for $300. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, JWG4927 said:

Here's a hint, fellas- if you paid the price that's marked on the tag-  you overpaid.

it works out to up here, at the U.S list price ( Gibsons U.S List) .. is the Canadian selling price.   its been that way for years..  now if the dollar was a bit closer to par which wont happen anytime soon.. shopping in the U.S for a Nice Gibson would be worth while..