Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
depreciated

Gibson Min-ETune Battery and Charger are Different

Recommended Posts

Hi Forum. Nice to meet you. Some time ago I purchased a 2013 Gibson Les Paul with Min-ETune. It did not come with a charger, so Gibson sent me a new one. I finally needed to charge it and my battery and charger seem to both have male components. I looked up the battery online, and it differs from mine, in that the battery does not have two "posts" like mine. IMG_20200104_215606_01.jpg.b053f4c235253049d0417cc91d4f3e85.jpg

 

The charger and that "post" do not agree. IMG_20200104_220426_01.jpg.1b6dc4330441dc19c8b3f533a914c49f.jpg

 

Have I lost my mind (OK perhaps), but what am I missing?

 

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 11:27 PM, depreciated said:

Hi Forum. Nice to meet you. Some time ago I purchased a 2013 Gibson Les Paul with Min-ETune. It did not come with a charger, so Gibson sent me a new one. I finally needed to charge it and my battery and charger seem to both have male components. I looked up the battery online, and it differs from mine, in that the battery does not have two "posts" like mine. IMG_20200104_215606_01.jpg.b053f4c235253049d0417cc91d4f3e85.jpg

 

The charger and that "post" do not agree. IMG_20200104_220426_01.jpg.1b6dc4330441dc19c8b3f533a914c49f.jpg

 

Have I lost my mind (OK perhaps), but what am I missing?

 

Thanks!

It must need to slide into some changing base you don't have. And they just sent you to AC to DC adapter. Call them (Gibson) and explain your delema. Or is there a hole in the mini-tune for the adapter end where the battery is installed.

Come on Big Bill there are at least 2 zingers you can get from my reply.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 7:27 PM, depreciated said:

Hi Forum. Nice to meet you. Some time ago I purchased a 2013 Gibson Les Paul with Min-ETune. It did not come with a charger, so Gibson sent me a new one. I finally needed to charge it and my battery and charger seem to both have male components. I looked up the battery online, and it differs from mine, in that the battery does not have two "posts" like mine. IMG_20200104_215606_01.jpg.b053f4c235253049d0417cc91d4f3e85.jpg

 

The charger and that "post" do not agree. IMG_20200104_220426_01.jpg.1b6dc4330441dc19c8b3f533a914c49f.jpg

 

Have I lost my mind (OK perhaps), but what am I missing?

 

Thanks!


Pull the post out of the battery...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you checked the Internet to see if someone sells a female to female adapter that would work?  I needed a 1/4” male to 1/4” female adapter awhile back and found that there seems to be an adapter for pretty much any need.  And most of the ones I saw were under $5.00.

Edited by tx-ogre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, tx-ogre said:

Have you checked the Internet to see if someone sells a female to female adapter that would work?  I needed a 1/4” male to 1/4” female adapter awhile back and found that there seems to be an adapter for pretty much any need.  And most of the ones I saw were under $5.00.


OP doesn’t need an adapter..  there is a something already in the charger slot of the battery.  It’s either a “post”, peg, or a part from inside of the min e-tune that has broke off.    
 

Again, OP... pull that “post” (or whatever it is) out of the battery where the charger goes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe this will help.  Either click on “Charging Battery” link, or scroll down to bottom video.  This will show you what the charging end of the 2013-14 Min E-Tune battery should look like.  Btw, it’s the same for the more refined G-Force tuner.

https://www.sweetwater.com/sweetcare/articles/min-etune-tutorial-videos/#batt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, arcticsg said:


OP doesn’t need an adapter..  there is a something already in the charger slot of the battery.  It’s either a “post”, peg, or a part from inside of the min e-tune that has broke off.    
 

Again, OP... pull that “post” (or whatever it is) out of the battery where the charger goes. 

So Gibson told me that post is native to the battery. I'm going to order what they suggest. This is just bizarre. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, depreciated said:

So Gibson told me that post is native to the battery. I'm going to order what they suggest. This is just bizarre. 

Well good luck.  Hope they can take care of you.  Let us know how it turns out.  🙂 

I am still in the mindset that it’s an issue with that battery.   It is either a sleeve/shield (to protect and guide the charger plug) that should have been pushed down further and sits flush with the top of the battery (you see this ring on all the batteries), or it’s a foreign object stuck in the hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, arcticsg said:

Well good luck.  Hope they can take care of you.  Let us know how it turns out.  🙂 

I am still in the mindset that it’s an issue with that battery.   It is either a sleeve/shield (to protect and guide the charger plug) that should have been pushed down further and sits flush with the top of the battery (you see this ring on all the batteries), or it’s a foreign object stuck in the hole.

 

I don't doubt you at all. My sister has this nightmare model, and apparently they changed the batteries very quickly. Her battery has a post as well. So basically we are 2/1 million? I'll order and see.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, arcticsg said:

Well good luck.  Hope they can take care of you.  Let us know how it turns out.  🙂 

I am still in the mindset that it’s an issue with that battery.   It is either a sleeve/shield (to protect and guide the charger plug) that should have been pushed down further and sits flush with the top of the battery (you see this ring on all the batteries), or it’s a foreign object stuck in the hole.

This is the only thing that makes sense to me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2020 at 6:33 PM, tx-ogre said:

Have you checked the Internet to see if someone sells a female to female adapter that would work?  I needed a 1/4” male to 1/4” female adapter awhile back and found that there seems to be an adapter for pretty much any need.  And most of the ones I saw were under $5.00.

Not a bad idea. I wish I could guess at the size. In any event, I ordered a different model from Gibson (although they want me to order from another supplier). I'll let you know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Curious, did you ever get resolution to your Battery / Charger issue?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, it was as many members speculated: "When in doubt, pull it out."

After much frustration, several adapters, and some liquid courage - I yanked the post out with my teeth. Fixed the problem. 

Thanks everyone!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, depreciated said:

Well, it was as many members speculated: "When in doubt, pull it out."

After much frustration, several adapters, and some liquid courage - I yanked the post out with my teeth. Fixed the problem. 

Thanks everyone!


Yw   😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...