Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson SG Faded Tribute Worn Ebony?

Thorarinn

Hi 

I just bought a Gibson SG Faded Tribute 2019 (color, worn ebony). As far as I can tell it's made for the Japanese market as I haven't been able to find any information on the official Gibson website. Has anyone here ever heard of this guitar? Is it possible to find any information on Gibson guitars solely made for the asian market? 

• 3 months later...

Hi Johnny. 

It's a really good guitar. As good as any other SG I've played in this price range. I wrote to Gibson, forwarded pictures and serial number, and they confirmed the following:.... made in Nashville, Tennessee in 2019. The guitar looks genuine for as far as we can see on the pictures. This model was made for the Japanese Market

I do not have a pic of my Faded or my Std., I owned. I only have a pic of my SG Special. The Faded was a killer guitar. I just bought the neck and body off ebay or Reverb and built it how I wanted it. I liked my Special the best out of all the ones I owned.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

22 hours ago, Damianl said:

Actually I asked about pics of Worn Ebony model 😄 Such a pity that Gibson has finished production of Faded models 😕 

Yeah they were great, but The problem I have is do we need 30 SG models, 50 LP models ect. There was a time in Henry's reign before JC, I counted and there were over 100 LP models on their site and about 30 different J-45's.  How many different things can you do to one guitar to make it a different model?

Its got a different color pick guard its a different model.