Gibson Brands Forums

NGD (Warning: NOT a Gibson...)

kidblast

The fit and finish is pretty much spot on.   So far, I do like it. 

One bummer with the whole order was the Case.

I tried a 3rd party case (Gator Brown Deluxe)  which looked pretty good, but Good lord, what an utter piece of crap. 

a 1/2 seem at the bottom where the case is not even fully closed when you have the hasps locked down.  The top half of hasps are not even close to lining up with the bottom half. 

it's a train wreck.

4 hours ago, kidblast said:

So this happened the other day. 

Electromatic G5422..   never had a Gretsch before.  So far, I like it.  Came with.. I think.. 11s,  plays good but I think I want to try 10s..

82926372_10213356541707539_742699152423781868812_10213356541627537_8040184185475

That guitar is prettier than a two dollar whore.

thanks kids, it's a nice axe, the blacktop filtertrons have a crisp sound.  Plays great,  need to do a bit of work on the nut.  But I expect that.  The QC is impressive.  All the hardware is very solid feeling, tuning stability is very good even when using the Bigsby.  It's a winner.  Just gotta now solve the case problem.

55 minutes ago, Karloff said:

Ray,  this is off subject but have you ever had any issues with your Gibson combo amps ? those heavy suckers with the vin 30's ? theres 2 at my local music store but neither of them work ...

Hey Doug,  nope,  the GA30RVS has been rock solid  I retubed it about a year and a half ago simply because it was time.    are these the later designed models with the "straight" angled cabinet and the Dark covering, or the older ones with the slant style cab and lighter brown tolex?

3 hours ago, Notes_Norton said:

That is one beautiful guitar! HNGD.

Notes

PS. I've had issues with Gator products too. I think SKB does a much better job.

hey Notes...  I have a few Journeyman cases one for my uke, and another for my mando,  no issues with those.  I have a molded gator 335 case for my sheraton, that one is fine too.  Ironically, the most expensive gator case available is the one I bought for the Gretsch.

Here's a few photos as evidence.

will not seal properly,  lid warped.. Fail!

82310957_10213364479345975_2841808701021

lid alignment?? Nope  Fail!

81552275_10213364479225972_2405205131986

@144 bucks, it's kind of disappointing it's put together this poorly

Edited by kidblast
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

Hey Doug,  nope,  the GA30RVS has been rock solid  I retubed it about a year and a half ago simply because it was time.    are these the later designed models with the "straight" angled cabinet and the Dark covering, or the older ones with the slant style cab and lighter brown tolex?

straight enclosure, dark tolex.