Gibson Brands Forums

Netflix Doc - 'Echo In The Canyon'

northcntryblues

Not sure if there has been a thread on this doc yet - I'm not very good at searches here if there has!   Anyway, I enjoyed this look at the origins and influences of the 'California Sound' of the 1960's.  Since then I've been listening to the soundtrack a lot of duet covers by Jakob Dylan and various vocalists.  Really like it, especially the covers 'In My Room', 'Never My Love' and 'Expecting to Fly' (what a magnificent composition that is, btw).   Just gorgeous.

Edited by nrthcountryblue

I watched it a few weeks back. Good doc. Love some of Croz's statements, but loath him a human. I would have liked more doc and less concert, but that's me. I would have rather them use footage of the bands that made the music instead. Not slagging them in any way.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Saw it a few months ago.    It was a  good doc but the scene in CA paled to that in the East Village.  I liked a number of the performances  enough though to want to buy the soundtrack.. By the way the guitar which adorn the poster for the doc is Tom Petty's Ric.

Edited by zombywoof

1 hour ago, QuestionMark said:

Anyone else seen the Linda Ronstadt doc/movie that’s been airing on CNN at night.  Quite a good flick and history.  Also some cool stuff about how the Eagles formed and how her band(s) formed.  And, of course, her music.

QM aka “Jazzman” Jeff

That was an awesome film. What a set of pipes that girl had! She could sing literally anything.

Her current physical condition is tragic.