Gibson Brands Forums

Anybody have the EPI ES-125 Thorogood White Fang?

bluezguy

I got me one of these brand new babies a couple months ago. Just wondering what you think of it ? Honestly, I'm on the fence about it. I expected a lot more from the "ProBucker" P-90s.  Even though there are current concert videos of George using her, I have to think the guitar had to have undergone an electronic makeover for George.

My amps are a VibroVerb, Super Reverb, Twin and 100W Marshall ... none of which give me the tones I'd like to capture. AND, no, it's got nothing to do with George's finger work. Aside from that, the instrument is a beautiful piece of architecture. One more thing ... I also own an Epi John Lee Hooker Zephyr. Those Mini ProHumbuckers ROCK!!No need to sub them for Gibson minis!

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. I had the chance to fondle one of those. I liked the idea and the QC was good but I was underwhelmed by the one I played. I'm hoping the next one will trip my trigger because I really like George and I think the plan is good but execution could use a little tweaking.

• 5 months later...

I bought mine a couple of months ago. I love it. I have several Epiphones since 1984. This is the best. The Epiphone ES Les Paul is now my back-up Epiphone Guitar. The White Fang is very light, which I need due to the damage I have to my neck. I must have light guitars. My hands wrapped around the neck perfectly. I wanted a thin line hollow body so this worked. This is the first P-90 pickup guitar so I was worried that I would not like it.  Come to find out that I love the P-90s. I have been playing semi hollow and hollow body for decades so controlling the feedback is that hard. I play in my Church praise band and it works fantastic.  I also play the blues and it works for that as well.  Country...it covers that. Hard rock...no problem. Even Jazz I have found that the White Fang does that good too. My main Amps are 1) Fender Tone Master Deluxe Reverb, 2) Peavey Classic 30.   If you like Semi, or Hollow body guitars....this is my choice. The Epiphone Thin Line George Thorogood "White Fang" Guitar is my go to Guitar.