Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Neil Peart

LPguitarman

I first saw Rush on the 2112 tour and last saw them on the Signals tour...one of the best groups that I ever saw: every time I saw them. Neil certainly was one of the world's best drummers (in my opinion) and I will sorely miss his skill and intellect. Rest in peace, Neil, and may God welcome you with open arms.

Listening to By-Tor and the Snow Dog right now.  Man this stuff is great. 

I learned more about drumming from him than anyone else. He was instrumental in me becoming the drummer I am today.

What an impact he had on me!!!!!!!

Thanks Neil.

RIP master drummer. 

That was some tough news today.  Loved Rush.  He was such a big influence on my development as a musician.

He was one of the very best.  Brain cancer is rough.  My cousin died from brain cancer.  He only lived 10 months after his diagnosis.  Neil fought hard to live three and a half years with that diagnosis.

Wait!  What's that thunderous rhythm I hear?  Ah, that's just Neal, shaken' heaven's gate.

I've been blasting 2112 all night. Here's what I posted on Facebook... "Today the world lost one of the most revolutionary musicians of the rock and roll era. Neil Peart redefined percussion. His influence is incredible in its depth and breadth. Almost every drummer in the last 40 years credits him as an influence to some extent. He made drums into a lead instrument, full of creativity and emotion. I feel privileged to have seen him 3 times in concert."

I was on my way out of work heading to my gig when I got a text from someone telling me the news. Very sad and shocking. Local classic rock stations are playing RUSH all night.

Hard to believe he passed on Tuesday and we just heard about it today.

RIP Neil

There is little I can add following the previous accolades,  he is established as an icon in a music form of rock he envisioned,  arranged ,  and he did it well,  that's as best as it gets in life, he was ready to go to the next plane.

God Bless you Neil , we'll meet in the next one, don't be late...

Wow.  Too sad for words.  Rush is my favorite band.  I saw them 12 times or so ... maybe even more.  I have the 2112  official-artwork release they did in the 1990s hanging  above me as I type, autographed by all three of them.  RIP, sir.  You will be missed.

What a difference from Rush's first album (made without Neal) to their second album (Fly By Night) made with him.  The one song on Fly By Night  that he didn't write the lyrics to is  Best I Can that was (not surprisingly) the only bad song on the album.  Oh, I did not even mention his drumming.  What a talent...

s-l300.jpg

drummer-neil-peart-performing-with-canad

Edited by 01GT eibach
correction