Gibson Brands Forums

NAD impulse buy

saturn

I took my Les Paul with the broken headstock into Ryan Fowler's to get an estimate on repair. Left the guitar there and walked out with a PRS amp. 50 watt Sonzera all-tube combo. Anyone want to buy a 100 watt Carvin Legacy? [cool]

Now I have to get some playing in before Ravens game tonight. 

PcO0kzf.jpg

Edited by saturn

21 minutes ago, Karloff said:

sweet. I was looking at them awhile back.  let us know how she does at a gig.

That will be the real test. [cool] I'm going to use it at practice tomorrow night then first gig with it on the 24th. I'll let you know.

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2020 at 8:25 AM, saturn said:

That will be the real test. [cool] I'm going to use it at practice tomorrow night then first gig with it on the 24th. I'll let you know.

hey, how'd it go at practice ? I was really contemplting one of these. hope you like it. 

4 hours ago, Karloff said:

hey, how'd it go at practice ? I was really contemplting one of these. hope you like it. 

It performed great. I left the footswitch at home so I couldn't switch channels in the middle of a song too easy, but that was my stupidity. It has simple controls which I like and you can use your volume on the guitar to control the tone a lot.  

The Reverb is pretty subtle. If you like a super amount then you might want to use a pedal for that. It's fine for me.    

After a real gig when I add some pedals and play a wide variety of styles I'll know more. But so far so good. 

• Thanks 1

Used it at the gig and everything was good. Much easier to control the volume than my Carvin. The Legacy is an awesome amp but works best at really large or outdoor gigs where the Volume can be cranked. Have to get used to Drive Channel being on the left, because it's opposite from my Carvin. Plus On and Standby switches are on back.

I used amps channels for Clean and Drive for higher gain and used MojoMojo pedal for more of a slight overdrive.  Was very happy and think I will like it even more as I get used to it.

Funny. When our band used to have another member, he had a PRS amp but I never took notice of the model. I see from an older photo that is the same as I just bought. Here's a photo of his stacked on top of my Legacy,

IYmvlts.jpg

On 1/26/2020 at 12:45 AM, saturn said:

Used it at the gig and everything was good. Much easier to control the volume than my Carvin. The Legacy is an awesome amp but works best at really large or outdoor gigs where the Volume can be cranked. Have to get used to Drive Channel being on the left, because it's opposite from my Carvin. Plus On and Standby switches are on back.

I used amps channels for Clean and Drive for higher gain and used MojoMojo pedal for more of a slight overdrive.  Was very happy and think I will like it even more as I get used to it.

Funny. When our band used to have another member, he had a PRS amp but I never took notice of the model. I see from an older photo that is the same as I just bought. Here's a photo of his stacked on top of my Legacy,

IYmvlts.jpg

glad you liked it. I should drive up to one of your gigs some weekend.  yep, the more you use it the more you'll like it. especially where you used the Carvin for so long.  you just get used to certain gear.