Gibson Brands Forums

what the hell jesse?

ckledzepplin

proper spelling' date=' grammer, and writing techniques are very important, case and point............

"I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse..."

and...

"I had to help my uncle jack off a horse.." [/quote']

Pretty funny. Would be even better, perhaps, if you spelled grammar correctly. [-X

Correction, selling the 1980 Les Paul your dad bought you because it doesn't have 1950 specs makes you a complete ******* idiot. Especially, if it's because a bunch of 50 year old men going through a mid life crisis wishing they could sound like Jimmy Page tell you it's not like a '50s burst.

Good luck to ya, Jesse. You'll never know what a great guitar is.

Correction' date=' selling the 1980 Les Paul your dad bought you because it doesn't have 1950 specs makes you a complete ******* idiot. Especially, if it's because a bunch of 50 year old men going through a mid life crisis wishing they could sound like Jimmy Page tell you it's not like a '50s burst.[/quote']

Yikes !!! lolololololol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Correction' date=' selling the 1980 Les Paul your dad bought you because it doesn't have 1950 specs makes you a complete ******* idiot. Especially, if it's because a bunch of 50 year old men going through a mid life crisis wishing they could sound like Jimmy Page tell you it's not like a '50s burst.

Good luck to ya, Jesse. You'll never know what a great guitar is.[/quote']

Who cares....it is his guitar. If he wants to sell it or paint it pink or burn it...that's his choice.

Correction' date=' selling the 1980 Les Paul your dad bought you because it doesn't have 1950 specs makes you a complete ******* idiot. Especially, if it's because a bunch of 50 year old men going through a mid life crisis wishing they could sound like Jimmy Page tell you it's not like a '50s burst............[/quote']

Do you realize how agressive you come off?

Do you even know what you are talking about half the time?

When we bought the heritage 80 (I paid half, and my dad paid half) you said it was overpriced, and you where worng, as the blue book on em goes from 3-6K, so i paid a fair price

Now that I am selling it, you say I am an idiot, and I say that I am not an Idiot

Of all the guitars I have ever owned (MIM tele, MIM strat, LP studio, LP standard, LP custom, doppledanger, H80, doubleneck, martin acoustic, gibson acoustic, jasmine acoustic), the H80 is probably the sweetest sounding guitar of them all, wonderful vintage tone, looks good, plays good, killer in every sense, selling it would be a difficult choice to make

But you know what, I know what I am doing, because if I had any doubt, then I would think it over until i knew for sure what I was doing

Good luck to ya' date=' Jesse. You'll never know what a great guitar is.[/quote']

____ you, I have had the pleasure of playing some really high priced guitars, ie, 50s, 60s, and 70s gibsons, old gretchs, ect, and let me tell you, I know what it takes to make a great guitar, do you?

Note that that's in Denver...

But really' date=' how long can Jesse hold on to a guitar!?!?! It seems like he owns one for a couple months (or weeks/days) and then he sells it!

I could NOT do that. Does jesse have fear of commitment? :-k [/quote']

not a fear of commitment, but rather, learning what sounds good and what doesent

I sold the telecaster-needed the funds

I sold my amps, so i could buy lower wattage amps, later i realized, lots of headroom is really a good thing, even @ your ears expense

I am pretty confident In where I need to go when it comes to les pauls, ive had 4 of em, i think I finally got it right this time

;)

and its about time, i dont have enough money to keep buying crap

lol

Do you even know what you are talking about half the time?

Obviously not' date=' maybe you can enlighten me. I don't see why your panties are in a bunch here, I just made a general statement. It wasn't directed to anybody in particular.

I don't know Jesse, maybe you need some sort of wake up call...possibly a slap in the face or something.

Read your own post.

and for the record, this is the sweest sounding les paul i have ever played

i will miss it

You're around 20 years old and you have a 30 year old Les Paul that you claim is the best thing ever. Yet here you are trying to sell it because it's not vintage enough for you? Are you for real? Why not just buy a poster of a '59 Les Paul because that's what it sounds like you're after...a picture.

You've played some old guitars; so, you should know that older isn't always better.

i have a couple of options, maybe you guys can add some input

option one) another homebrew LP project, braz fretboard, old growth wood, real nitro finish, very nice, 4K

option two) a R8 (2K), lots of high end appointments for my current LP (old grovers, pots&caps, PAF& M69 replicas[2K])

Option three)another marshall halfstack, have a pickup installed on my gibson acoustic, R8, PAF&M69 replicas

Im pretty set in the PAFs, M69 pickup rings, and vintage correct pots&caps for my current LP

no story... no pics... :-

I hope you find "the one" soon. I gotta say tho, maybe I'm a f-cking asshole but I wouldnt pay more than 2K for a "replica" I dont care where it's made, out of what and by whom, but that's just me... I preffer a brand in the headstock.

Archived