Gibson Brands Forums

New Slash Line of Guitars for Gibson

01GT eibach

"Each Slash Collection Les Paul Standard features a AAA maple top, a solid Mahogany body and Slash's personal touches including a C-shape neck profile, signature Gibson "SlashBucker" pickups, color coordinated hardware appointments, hand-wired electronics with orange drop capacitors and a vintage style brown hardshell case. Exclusive to the Slash Collection are Slash's "Scully" signature drawing on the back of the headstock, Slash's signature on the truss rod cover, a blank truss rod cover in the case, Slash's new Ernie Ball strings, and four Slash Jim Dunlop Tortex picks. The Slash Collection Les Paul Standard is available in November Burst, Appetite Burst, Vermillion Burst and Anaconda Burst.

Each Slash Collection Gibson J-45 Standard features a blend of traditional appointments and modern features including a custom Slash rounded C-neck profile, a fatter and more modern 16'' fingerboard radius and a versatile LR BaggsTM VTC pickup for natural acoustic sound. Exclusive to the Slash Collection are Slash's "Scully" signature drawing on the back of the headstock, Slash's signature on the truss rod cover with a blank truss rod cover in the case and four Slash Jim Dunlop Tortex picks. The Slash Collection J-45 Standard is available in November Burst and Vermillion Burst."

(new pic link posted below)

Edited by 01GT eibach
pic link issue

These sound awesome. Your images aren’t showing, but when I googled for these I found the Vermillion Bursts to be particularly awesome. I also really like the November burst. The other two are not my thing, but I can understand the appeal. Awesome addition to the lineup. 

1 hour ago, GibSinCity said:

Well...

The Gibson  AFD  is a real Les Paul model.

It is based on a Les Paul copy built by Kris Derrig.

So:

The Gibson AFD Les Paul is a real replica,

of a non Gibson-built Les Paul copy,

of a real Les Paul.

My head is now spinning. I want a Use Your Illusion LP, so I can play it outside a church in the cold November Rain. Of course I wont plug it into an amp, and my shirt will be totally unbuttoned.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper