Gibson Brands Forums

Can't decide whether to trade or not

sunking101

Nice LP congrats!

As advice from here on out and your own good since you asked the forum about this stuff, trade ins are guaranteed to short cut yourself. Your best option to get the most out of your guitars and what your hard earned money got you is to sell it yourself somehow, someway. Unless you needed insulin, no way would I ever consider short cutting myself in any sort of deal as you were proposed. 

I’m just confused and I don’t want to get into your finances whatsoever, but if you had the means for a LP Standard, you have about half the money at least for an R8... Why trade for it in a seriously unbalanced deal (IMHO) when you can get it with cash? 

Keep your collection going my friend if you have the money and you’re not shorting your kid lunches. If you don’t care for a guitar, best value is to sell yourself - again. Nothing wrong with flipping a guitar, but don’t make facetious deals like you shared with us. Just trying to give you honest advice looking out for your interests. Keep your GAS in check always. Just know that there’s always someone selling something out there that will catch your eye so usually there’s nothing out there you have to screw your self on to get. Unless you’re some high profile collector, that’s different. But if you were, you got tons of cash and they don’t trade - they hoard!

Edited by NighthawkChris