Gibson Brands Forums

identify that studio

rickeylaveau

hi everyone,
need an help to identify this guitar (for which i have also the model number)
it says LPSFHSCH1  
it's a 2009 studio, but i wanted to know the specs before going to try her.
is this a faded, worn or a 'standard' studio one? what kind of neck (i prefer the thinnest ones)?
weight relieved or a chambered? (it's about 3,7 kg so i think it's in the light side of lp)
here's some shots.
thanks, my friends

best regards! 

2.jpg

1.jpg

45 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Looks like a regular Studio. Its not a Faded. But before the Canadian took over Gibson made a 100 models of everything .

thanks sgt!

though i'm yet suspicious about it.
what made me think about identifying it as a faded is because the finish is not glossy as the studios i'm used to. it's slightly opaque. 
also thanks FemmeParallell, the mystery continues, cause i read that the studio has glossy finish... and also fireburst  finish has also the black, i think more as a cherry sunburst.

also the model number LPSFHSCH1
Les Paul Studio F(faded?) H(heritage?) S(
sunburst?) C(chrome?) H(hardware?)

Edited by rickeylaveau
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, rickeylaveau said:

thanks sgt!

though i'm yet suspicious about it.
what made me think about identifying it as a faded is because the finish is not glossy as the studios i'm used to. it's slightly opaque. 
also thanks FemmeParallell, the mystery continues, cause i read that the studio has glossy finish... and also fireburst  finish has also the black, i think more as a cherry sunburst.

also the model number LPSFHSCH1
Les Paul Studio F(faded?) H(heritage?) S(
sunburst?) C(chrome?) H(hardware?)

Yeah it might be a faded. The pic is small on my laptop and it is not easy to see if it glossy or not. I guess if it is a faded and you don't want one then don't waster your time. I had one of that all hog ones that looked like a tur-d.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

16 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah it might be a faded. The pic is small on my laptop and it is not easy to see if it glossy or not. I guess if it is a faded and you don't want one then don't waster your time. I had one of that all hog ones that looked like a tur-d.

yeah, i'll pass on it. 
bad experience since now with studios. 
my old one was a glossy black but it weighted a ton.

I seem to remember those faded burst studios.

2009 is right around when they were stopping with the chambering and starting to go with the modern weight relief. I think the faded studios had burstbuster pickups and the regular studios had the 490r/498t pickups.