Gibson Brands Forums

USPS Tracking And Shipping

Sgt. Pepper

So I sold my D-28 and D-18 after getting my D-41. Shipped the D-18 on 7th of January. Of course I insured it for the full amount and it needs to be signed for. The estimated date of delivery was Monday the 13th. Every day on the USPS site it changed and said it was moving to its destination. The 11th was the last day there was an update. Then Sunday nothing. Okay the PO is closed on Sunday so I understand. Then Monday came and went and then it updated and stated it will be late. I also  understand that too, plus rain and tornado warnings were issued in the South over the weekend. Now nothing. The last update is form the 11th, and it says it is moving through system. So I called today and the friendly Postal Clerk answered the phone told me we have the same information you that you have that is up on the PO's tracking site, no more no less. I asked is it in a PO waiting to be loaded on a truck, or is it on a truck? Got the same answer. The buyer is being patient and understands I have no control once I hand it over to the PO. They said I have to wait 14 day from the ship date to start an investigation to see if its lost or still on its way. So much for tracking. I am not asking the PO to give me pin point accuracy where it is on I-10 headed to Arizona, but come on.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 minutes ago, jedzep said:

Be patient, been there a few times and it always ends up where it should.  This Monday is a holiday too.

Yeah. I just want the buyer to get his guitar in the same condition I shipped it in and every day it give the guitar another chance for something to happen to it.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Important parcels: Always a little stressful. It helps if you can have confidence  in the courier.

So far as tracking goes. I have become disenchanted with most systems, because its always one-way-coms. Bulletins sent to you phone/laptop with no way of responding to say 'hang about! I cant be there at 5pm tomorrow'. The cynical part of me says this is the couriers way of re-interpreting their obligation to the customer.

Anyway, hope it all goes ok and they deliver successfully soon.

Yeah no to USPS.  They generally do a good job all around, but their tracking is crap, utterly useless.  I have used them but I just hand it to them, get the receipt, wait for Reverb to tell me they got it.  Never, ever, look at USPS tracking.  Good luck with it.

rct

I have used the PO for every guitar I have ever shipped and this has been the only time with a problem. Every time it has gotten there on time or the last guitar got there a day early. They say I have to wait 14 business days to do something. Are Saturdays a business day for the PO since they are open?

that's outrageos

1 hour ago, billroy fineman said:

How much to ship it via USPS fully insured?  I believe fed ex quoted me $280 to ship my guitar from Boston to Bozeman insured for replacement value.

that's insane

I shipped a taylor to Cali last year, it was $120 and I nearly choked at that..

1 hour ago, Big Bill said:

It's a long drive for those little white Jeeps. Can you imagine all the pee stops...?

Consecrating the Island makes you Kama Aina, a child of the land..

Shipping average cost for me, for a solid body, using USPS is about $70.

Edited by mihcmac