Gibson Brands Forums

NAMM 2020 - Gibson Acoustic Announcements

BluesKing777

Sounds very encouraging.  Crank out the 'entry level' guitars for players ready to commit to their first GOOD guitar, but also market the solid reputation they built on some of their iconic models to that segment of the market  which appreciates and values  '' the Gibson Sound".   

But there almost at a vintage price.    Do they have pick ups?   Are they richlite boards or Ebony?  

Ive notice alot of the cool ones like the J2000. Are 6500 plus up here with those items mentioned in question. Not sure about that. 

I would like a New SJ200. But  the prices are out of my market. 

Edited by slimt

Excited to hear about the '34 Jumbo from the custom shop, love to get a chance to try one of those out and see if my GAS is warranted (1 3/4 neck I believe (which I want), but not sure on the neck shape, I think it might be a  V shape and not sure how I'll feel about that).  

The comment on focusing on playability via slimmer necks in the modern collection is not a direction I'm excited to go...

Thanks for posting BK!

38 minutes ago, billroy fineman said:

Excited to hear about the '34 Jumbo from the custom shop, love to get a chance to try one of those out and see if my GAS is warranted (1 3/4 neck I believe (which I want), but not sure on the neck shape, I think it might be a  V shape and not sure how I'll feel about that).  

The comment on focusing on playability via slimmer necks in the modern collection is not a direction I'm excited to go...

Thanks for posting BK!

There have been several runs of OJ's in recent years. A couple of people here may still have them.

7 hours ago, j45nick said:

There have been several runs of OJ's in recent years. A couple of people here may still have them.

I have one of the '34 Jumbo 1994 Centennial Guitar of the month. Very nice guitar at a reasonable price if you can find one. Long scale, 1.75 nut, custom inlays and V shape neck. I've had a couple AJ's and the Jumbo seems to be basically the same guitar so they moved on. Everytime I think about selling it I look at the prices of the new ones. This is a stock photo, it has more of a sunset burst.

1934Jumbo.gif

http://web.archive.org/web/20040816181144/http://www.gibson.com/acoustics/1994/1934_Jumbo.html

The J45 Standard came back to their website after missing for a minute.

While I am interested in a few announcements above, there doesn’t seem to be much L-00 business. Perhaps they have a ‘32 authentic reissue 12 fret or 14 to come, tuxedo finish perhaps....maybe the announcement will be  like their grand finale for NAMM?

Otherwise, all good, I have to move some to buy some.

BluesKing777.

Such an interesting company. As with nearly every Banner reissue (including Gibson's reissues of guitars from my own collection), the guitars feature a logo applied at the wrong angle (straight across the headstock, rather than at the appropriate angle). And, both the LG-2 and J-45 feature an incorrect rosette. So strange. You'd think that they hadn't received my originals, and held on to them for nearly a year.

42 minutes ago, jt said:

Such an interesting company. As with nearly every Banner reissue (including Gibson's reissues of guitars from my own collection), the guitars feature a logo applied at the wrong angle (straight across the headstock, rather than at the appropriate angle). And, both the LG-2 and J-45 feature an incorrect rosette. So strange. You'd think that they hadn't received my originals, and held on to them for nearly a year.

That's about as politely as one could put it. When Nick had mentioned JT in reply #1, the first thought that came to mind was "fool me once, shame on you. . . fool me twice, ___ ", however, with so many good things being heard and seen with Gibson Acoustic lately, it must be just a wee bit tempting to have a little faith in the new chief.

Well, I hope they aren’t doing the old ‘same guitar we are already making with different paint but way better marketing.....”

JT noticed the logo, rosette. I am confused by the neck spec on those listed as mostly being........the same as they had. 1.725.

Can’t see any mention of bracing except a splash of hide glue.

BluesKing777.

Edited by BluesKing777