Gibson Brands Forums

uneven neck finish in new J45

7enderbender

. . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Please - Gentlemen - Peace

Won't rise above this as I'm not interested in looking arrogant. And yes, I commented your comment, sergeant, about comparing the 'wet' new Gibsons to buying a not yet dry car. 

As I had mentioned that the 2010 J-45 Standard here generated black grease cakes* up the neck the entire first summer, my post regarding the car was a way to calm things down.  

The whole Fab-side-path was just polite small talk, , , eeehhh, apart from the pepper-Q of course, which remains highly important. I'd actually like to know what every single member thinks - how their intuitive association was when the album came out, , , and if it perhaps changed over the the years : Fruit or Corn.                                                                                                          As already said, there's nothing behind it, , , no traps, no ambush waiting in the cliffs. I am not after you, Sergeant - if in doubt check deanc's Dove-thread where I react to your Martin/Dove question. Without any response btw. So search for no hidden clues, play no lyrics backwards, and for heavens sake stay away from reading codes into the name ex-Winston. Then do remember this Board is a platform for a fine mix between having fun and informing the world about Gibsons. Not a ring for boxing gloves.

*Okay, burst, cakes may be a bit inaccurate/exaggerated, but I tried to avoid the term charcoal-coloured slime. Never met the phenomenon anywhere else - the Birds fx had no trace of it. 

• Sad 1

I love the Beatles and I'm not an encyclopedia of their entire career. If you think I memorize the guys middle names and birthdates and what John and Yoko had for lunch on Sept 12th, 1968, I don't. As far as my Dove question I asked if they were bigger than Martin dreads cause that is all I have ever owned except a Gibby J-15 and was curious about the size difference. And if the ones over in Japan are fake or real.  And if you are refering to the cost of a new one, a new one does cost about 4 of my house payments. And once again the Fruit or Corn thing I have no idea again what you are inquiring about. I was recently told you are from Denmark and maybe something is getting lost in translation.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I love the Beatles and I'm not an encyclopedia of their entire career. If you think I memorize the guys middle names and birthdates and what John and Yoko had for lunch on Sept 12th, 1968, I don't. As far as my Dove question I asked if they were bigger than Martin dreads cause that is all I have ever owned except a Gibby J-15 and was curious about the size difference. And if the ones over in Japan are fake or real.  And if you are refering to the cost of a new one, a new one does cost about 4 of my house payments. And once again the Fruit or Corn thing I have no idea again what you are inquiring about. I was recently told you are from Denmark and maybe something is getting lost in translation.

I have no expectations of your Fab -relation whatsoever - and don't know who you hang out with. But I would like his number. . 

18 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Turn me on dead man. I did way to much weed when I was young and got into Zappa too. That should explain it.

I definitely saw you as young - got into Zappa, , , wow - it's a place from where very few people get back out.  Ever heard him play with Lennon , , , hmm, they sound like you and me. . 

23 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

How about this would any of you guys buy a new car and accept the fact that your paint needed to cure for another 6 months while you drove it around?

This is a quote from the owner's manual for my 1960 Volvo.

"Wash a new car often since this hardens the surface finish."

So, I guess back in the day, the answer to your question was: yes.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

They used lacquer for car finishes in 1960.

17 minutes ago, E-minor7 said:

I definitely saw you as young - got into Zappa, , , wow - it's a place from where very few people get back out.  Ever heard him play with Lennon , , , hmm, they sound like you and me. . 

I have Sometime In New York City and Zappa released the whole performance unedited (cause John edited it for STINYC) on his album Playground Psychotics. Wished Yoko would have stayed in the bag. When she sings, Rev #9 sounds like a Mozart symphony compared to ever it is called she does. Its not singing I can tell you that. Saw Zappa 3 times.  And I even listen to The Residents (if you know who they are) and saw them live on their 13th Anniversary Tour in San Francisco.

Scum Bag

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

7 minutes ago, j45nick said:

They used lacquer for car finishes in 1960.

I thought Gibson uses Nitro. Is that considered lacquer? I'm an electrician not a car or guitar painter. Not sure what my Martins are finished with. Never had an issue with any thing on them. I leave my Snark and Kyser capo on the head stock of my 000-28  24/7 and it has never left a mark. I also keep my acoustics in Hercules A frame stands and once again never a mark. 

19 minutes ago, gearbasher said:

Now I know. Has paint changed in the last 60 years? I'll bet they answer is : yes as well.

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I have Sometime In New York City and Zappa released the whole performance unedited (cause John edited it for STINYC) on his album Playground Psychotics. Wished Yoko would have stayed in the bag. When she sings, Rev #9 sounds like a Mozart symphony compared to ever it is called she does. Its not singing I can tell you that. Saw Zappa 3 times.  And I even listen to The Residents (if you know who they are) and saw them live on their 13th Anniversary Tour in San Francisco.

Scum Bag

Now you are talking. . .

Well (Baby Please Don't Go)