Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums

LP Professional


Recommended Posts

I'm the proud owner of a 1970s Les Paul Professional. I'm looking to give it some punch similar to the Les Paul Recording. The hi lo switch in the Recording model is connected to a certain small transformer which changes the impedance of the output signal. Gibson called it the hi z transformer. I wish to wire in one of those transformers between the volume pot and the output jack to permanently regulate the output impedance. Problem is identifying that little transformer. I've been back and forth with Gibson customer service and they were unable to supply me with a simple part number/transformer number so I can go to stew mac or all parts and order the correct part. Does anyone know the part number of that darn little transformer?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...