Gibson Brands Forums

David Lee Roth in Vegas ...watch at own risk

saturn

55 minutes ago, Kahuna Nui said:

VH should go back to the Van Hagar days and pick a singer who also plays guitar AND is a great showman.

My vote would be Unknown Hinson.

I  only got to see the Hagar version of VH on 5150. Ok show but they are not my VH. After Fair Warning they stank.

Do not touch the trim.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

19 hours ago, nhwildbill said:

Being from the NE Area I'd seen Gary sing with his band Extreme many times.  Anyone who doubts can check out the "Freddie Mercury Tribute" concert.

He has a great voice, but not for VH.

Oh and Big Bill (as usual) had the best reaction post on DLR.

I remember that performance. they were amazing

I think the last time I saw Dave was in the mid to late 80's with his solo band with Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan and company. He was good (Dave good) then and put on a good show. That video was brutal. I honestly thought it was one of those joke videos where someone overdubbed him. The band sounded pretty good though.

2 hours ago, MichaelT said:

I think the last time I saw Dave was in the mid to late 80's with his solo band with Steve Vai, Billy Sheehan and company. He was good (Dave good) then and put on a good show. That video was brutal. I honestly thought it was one of those joke videos where someone overdubbed him. The band sounded pretty good though.

Vai and Sheehen are no slouches. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

On 20 January 2020 at 9:03 AM, jdgm said:

Bad..... pro  bad. 

Worse -

Well now, ...I mean Dave was bad but but probably knew it and made some effort to keep it kinda fun,

....but seriously. ..that Toto thing ...What the mutherfk'n son of f'k was that ??