Gibson Brands Forums

Not what we were expecting (non guitar content) (but old car content)

Rabs

As some of you know I have been working at this timber yard for several months now..

We had an amusing one today..ย  A customer who wanted some planks of wood which were about 2.5m long...

We were expecting a vanย  ๐Ÿ˜„ย  But check out what he came in instead.

Its true to say.. They really don't make them like this any more.

gHX4M5F.jpg

I like the use of the sunroof ๐Ÿ™‚ย 

UWfdGt0.jpg

huMc1f2.jpg

ZoZX9Sn.jpg

eee5WBo.jpg

Just thought I would share that ๐Ÿ˜„ย 

• Like 2

That is an unexpected sight!!

Ah well, it's probably because that particular plank hauler, the 1961 Bentley Saloon S2 (Continental Flying Spur) is comparatively rare.ย 

You can find five or six of them still working the lumber yards between Brighton and Belfast, but most of them have been retired from construction service.ย 

Shame of all shames, one or two of them have been seen actually transporting ladies and gentlemen to the theater, and so on to the homestead.ย 
Tut-tut.ย 
What a waste of good, solid, reliable service vehicles!

๐Ÿ˜ž

ย 

Edited by sparquelito
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, sparquelito said:

That is an unexpected sight!!

Ah well, it's probably because that particular plank hauler, the 1961 Bentley Saloon S2 (Continental Flying Spur) is comparatively rare.ย 

You can find five or six of them still working the lumber yards between Brighton and Belfast, but most of them have been retired from construction service.ย 

Shame of all shames, one or two of them have been seen actually transporting ladies and gentlemen to the theater, and so on to the homestead.ย 
Tut-tut.ย 
What a waste of good, solid, reliable service vehicles!

๐Ÿ˜ž

ย 

Well if it helps the gentleman owner did have a very posh English accentย  ๐Ÿ™‚ (unlike us EastEnders)..

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I'm an American, what does that sigh mean with the people and the 4 arrows pointing at them?

You know what I have never noticed before....ย  If you zoom in it says Assembly Point...

Its either to do with what happens if there is ever a fire or its to do with the fact that the workshop holds lots of local classes with schools and various studenty type people...

8 minutes ago, Rabs said:

You know what I have never noticed before....ย  If you zoom in it says Assembly Point...

Its either to do with what happens if there is ever a fire or its to do with the fact that the workshop holds lots of local classes with schools and various studenty type people...

That makes sense.

17 hours ago, duane v said:

...that is one ugly vehicle...

ย 

[blink]

Oh, I have to disagree most strongly, Duane.ย  As Sgt. P. mentions all it needs is a lick of paint and a more handsome carriage would be hard to find.

...Stateside, that is......[biggrin]......

A bit like this one, perhaps?

lo-res-Bentley-S2-Continental-Flying-Spu

Certainly would steal the limelight over my 1992 Nissan Micra at any rate.

P.

Edited by pippy

7 minutes ago, pippy said:

ย 

[blink]

Oh, I have to disagree most strongly, Duane.ย  As Sgt. P. mentions all it needs is a lick of paint and a more handsome carriage would be hard to find.

...Stateside, that is......[biggrin]......

A bit like this one, perhaps?

lo-res-Bentley-S2-Continental-Flying-Spu

Certainly would steal the limelight over my 1992 Nissan Micra at any rate.

P.

I would look so good in that with Jennifer Aniston sitting next to me.

• Like 1