Gibson Brands Forums

DIF Demo for 62B

Dave F

Wow- 'had to have a second cup and take a listen through the studio monitors. . . for playing with a pick, he was able to get some warm (the jazz chord) tones out of that long scale maple. The super low action you'd mentioned is actually hearable on the recording, if not for that, I'd look at the nut or saddle. But I've found that low string height does seem to be one of the ways to sweeten the maple sound, and even though the Dove's sounding really good, maybe Rick is hearing some of that, along with 80/20's that haven't been on there too long (?).

Lotsa good sound to be had in that one- the first we've heard of your . . . herd😉. Thanks for putting that up

24 minutes ago, billroy fineman said:

I know it was for 62B, but hope you don't mind - listened to it myself.  Nice sounding guitar!

I’m sure it was meant for all, BR- it’s just that I was teasing Dave on his NGD thread-  how often NGDs are shared on the forum, and all we get are the pics. thx, Dave

16 hours ago, 62burst said:

''''

Lotsa good sound to be had in that one- the first we've heard of your . . . herd😉. Thanks for putting that up

How soon we forget!

Here's the '53 J50 I had for  while

And what about the LG1 comparison? The RI is the same guitar John Thomas used to compare to his LG1

Here's John with the same RI guitar. This is probably a first. Two different comparison's with one guitar in common.

Edited by Dave F

7 hours ago, Dave F said:

How soon we forget!

True. . . is the '53 a reissue? Condition too nice for a 70 year old. 6 or 7 years ago, I might not've even looked at a natural demo !

JT's LG-1 demos- interesting to hear the difference in the arpeggiated chord at ~2:30 and just before the 4 min mark.

1 hour ago, 62burst said:

True. . . is the '53 a reissue? Condition too nice for a 70 year old. 6 or 7 years ago, I might not've even looked at a natural demo !

JT's LG-1 demos- interesting to hear the difference in the arpeggiated chord at ~2:30 and just before the 4 min mark.

Not a reissue on the ‘53, just overspray