Gibson Brands Forums

Newtone Strings

ollie94

What does everybody think about newtone strings, I recently  have been to see Ralph McTell and picked up a set of his custom newtones and they sounded amazing and had a very nice feel to them although they did not last very long. Does anybody know of a brand that sounds as good as newtone but also last a while???

1 hour ago, ollie94 said:

What does everybody think about newtone strings, I recently  have been to see Ralph McTell and picked up a set of his custom newtones and they sounded amazing and had a very nice feel to them although they did not last very long. Does anybody know of a brand that sounds as good as newtone but also last a while???

I wanted to try some but I think they don't sell them in the US anymore, I could be wrong.

2 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I wanted to try some but I think they don't sell them in the US anymore, I could be wrong.

I'm not too sure on that one, i'm sure if you shop around you probably be able to find a place you can buy them from/ import  ( Probably at a higher cost though)