Gibson Brands Forums

New Les Paul Modern

Roxx

Thanks for allowing me to give my review of my new guitar.  I live in a somewhat isolated area and don't have an opportunity to test out musical instruments. I have developed a makeshift home recording studio over the past several years. I have a rock guitar playing background of over 50 years as well as writing music and lyrics. I just received my new 2019 Les Paul modern and wanted to make some positive comments on the guitar. I will mention first that I have owned several models of the Gibson design and have a total of 3 Les Pauls now. I have never played a better guitar with the exception of a Wolfgang Eddie Van Halen model from a few years back. It was a very fine instrument but still not as good as this new modern. I can't imagine why any new Gibson guitar would not offer push pull pots. They give more tone flexibility. I am really impressed with the neck of this guitar. I did my homework over the internet for a long and studious time to research all I could find out before the purchase. I was convinced to lay out my cash and buy. I'm very happy. I want to also mention the tones and infinite sustain this guitar has. I really believe Gibson hit a home run here. This guitar will eventually become the top axe to see out and want by many musicians. I would also like to show my appreciation for the color of three choices other than the burst finish. I already own 2 bursts. The sparkle burgundy is a welcome change that I can relate to. I appreciate the beauty of the natural wood and painted burst models, but am also very impressed with the solid sparkle finish as a change. Push pull pots, neck relief at the body and locking tuners all make sense for the future. I believe this guitar is the very best that Gibson has ever produced, and believe me, I have played a bunch. Thanks again for letting me express this view. It is from my heart that I write this a s a most positive article on my experience with my new Geetar.

Welcome, Roxx. 

It's good to have you aboard, mate. 
I read your heartfelt review of the Gibson Les Paul Modern with great interest, and congratulate you on your recent acquisition and ownership of that fine guitar. 

The Sparkling Burgundy top is indeed attractive and impressive!

😊

Excellent, I had been looking at a 2019 Modern in Graphite (it was "used" so $800 less than MSR) and finally pulled the trigger on it this afternoon.  Expect to have it next week, like you I did a lot of research on it and this will be my forth LP so I expect it'll enjoy the competition with the rest of the family.  Glad to read from someone with personal experience.

And welcome to the board brother.

On 1/24/2020 at 10:58 AM, nhwildbill said:

Excellent, I had been looking at a 2019 Modern in Graphite (it was "used" so $800 less than MSR) and finally pulled the trigger on it this afternoon.  Expect to have it next week, like you I did a lot of research on it and this will be my forth LP so I expect it'll enjoy the competition with the rest of the family.  Glad to read from someone with personal experience.

And welcome to the board brother.

I bet you will really be impressed with the new modern.  I am happy with mine. I think they did a good job and have no issues other than the pots being a little stiff, but they will probably loosen up after a period of playing.