Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson J-45 Studio

MorrisrownSal

On 3/22/2020 at 4:27 AM, Murph said:

I just mean Gibson doesn't have to listen to a bunch of whining if they use walnut.

Trees are for building stuff, otherwise they just turn into termite food. Why is it you never see a tree hugger mad at a termite ?

:-k

trees are for keeping the planet breathing, why do non tree huggers not see the tree as anything but product?

• 1 year later...

Hey guys sorry to necro an old thread. I just ordered a J45 Studio from a fellow off reverb. Guy seems very nice and easy to work with but I’m a little curious over some things I’m seeing on the guitar that I didn’t notice until after purchase! 

The tag on the inside says “J45 Studio” hole the newer Ones all day “J45 Studio Walnut” I do know there was a now discontinued Studio from 2019 (same year as the one in question) but I have no way to tell if the serial tag lists it the same or am I looking at a fake here? Everything else checks out just fine.

It’s on its way here now so I should be still within my return window with reverbs safe buying program. Thanks for all the help!! 

Try calling or writing Gibson Customer Service… is my suggestion.  I doubt it’s anything to be concerned with if in all other ways it checks out.  Plus, Gibson changed owners after their BK11 around that time and some model descriptions and names slightly changed to be retooled to align with the current CEOs (JC’s) marketing approach.  FYI.  Gibson model names have historically always been a been a bit inconsistent and quirky over the years.

QM aka”Jazzman” Jeff

• Like 1