Gibson Brands Forums

Does this double cutaway come with a maple top?

sarge

I am thinking of bidding on this guitar, but only if it has a maple top.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Studio-Double-Cutaway_W0QQitemZ110361715606QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGuitar?hash=item110361715606&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50#ebayphotohosting

I asked the owner and he said he didn't know and couldn't tell because it was all black.

I am set on the maple top! I played a doublecut about a year ago that had a maple top and I just fell in love. I ended up buying a Vintage Mohagony Les Paul but could never get the same tone out of it. In the end I sold it (Got exactly what I payed for it, it was in beatifull condition).

Do all Les Paul's come with a maple top unless otherwise specified (ex, Vintage Mohagony)

Thanks

It should have a maple cap, but you might want to ask the seller to look inside the control cavity and verify.

If pots are attached to very light colored wood, it's maple. I'm almost certain that all these Studio DC models had mohagany backs with a maple cap.

It should have a maple cap' date=' but you might want to ask the seller to look inside the control cavity and verify.

If pots are attached to very light colored wood, it's maple. I'm almost certain that all these Studio DC models had mohagany backs with a maple cap. [/quote']

Thanks!

Archived