Gibson Brands Forums

Married,single,divorced or committed bacholers/bachorlette

Mr. Gibson

I'm extremely happily married to the same woman for 42 years now. I don't know what I did right, I guess I am just the luckiest guy in the world. When I met her we were in different bands, when both our bands broke up we got into a trio with a pianist who was looking to star something. Later we moved to a 5 piece band, and since  1985 we've been a duo playing over backing tracks I make myself. We could be together 24/7/365 and it wouldn't be too much time together. She is my best friend, my lover, and my partner in both our duo and my Band-in-a-Box aftermarket products businesses.

I wish everybody could be as happily married as us.

Bob

• Like 3

40 for us this year, November.  10 days at Disney World, we'll have dinner at Victoria and Alberts, only the second time we've eaten there.  I think the first was our 20th. 25th was dinner at the great Le Bec Fin in Philly, long gone now.   Good times.

rct

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

There are times I wish I was.

Yeah I hear that a fair amount sadly..  People in relationships who are some how more lonely than me...

Cant have it both ways though.. I do of course miss the physical side of things.. Even just simple hugs.. BUT for that and occasionally feeling a little lonely, I get to do what I want all the time... And like Pinch above I have always needed my own space so it mostly suits me but nothing is perfect.

Maybe one day again when I retire and get bored  🙂  

• Like 1

Marriage number 3 and the final one. First mother of my children went bonkers after about 10 years. 2nd was certifiable.  My mom (who passed away 2 weeks ago) intervened and gave me 2 thumbs up for my current and final wife.

We will be married 10 years this year in September. We married on her birthday, her idea. Can you imagine the trouble I'd be in if I forgot? We are truly soul mates though. No B.S.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Tman said:

Marriage number 3 and the final one. First mother of my children went bonkers after about 10 years. 2nd was certifiable.  My mom (who passed away 2 weeks ago) intervened and gave me 2 thumbs up for my current and final wife.

We will be married 10 years this year in September. We married on her birthday, her idea. Can you imagine the trouble I'd be in if I forgot? We are truly soul mates though. No B.S.

Sorry about your mother. Mine passed last March. Screw cancer.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Never been married. Was engaged once. 

Have had several very long term relationships.  

Ive never been able to find a woman who doesn't lie or cheat. 

And the funny thing is......I've never lied or cheated on a girlfriend in my life.  

Honesty seems to have gotten me nowhere. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I gave you guys options so you can use those terms or make up your own. Just trying to make conversation .......

Weirdly its a serious question.. I have only been married once and when I fill out forms and stuff and it asks me that question I am not sure what to put. That's why I asked  🙂 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rabs said:

Weirdly its a serious question.. I have only been married once and when I fill out forms and stuff and it asks me that question I am not sure what to put. That's why I asked  🙂 

I guess I never thought of it that way.  Someday in your near future you'll be thunderstruck by some beautiful woman.........

1 hour ago, brad1 said:

Never been married. Was engaged once. 

Have had several very long term relationships.  

Ive never been able to find a woman who doesn't lie or cheat. 

And the funny thing is......I've never lied or cheated on a girlfriend in my life.  

Honesty seems to have gotten me nowhere. 

I hear you on that one brother...  😒

• Like 1