Gibson Brands Forums

Never to be included again...

Navy Vet.

2 hours ago, jdgm said:

I'm not arguing...! 

It's also right to say that Buckingham and Nicks saved and reignited the career of a band which was finished in their own country and near-dead in the water in the USA. 

As the OP sez....O:)

I know.  The only FM songs I like once Stevie and Lindsey joined are Lindsey's and Songbird. The Welsh era was okay and people go gaga for Peter Green. They were good back then English Blues is just not my thing.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Bad acid in Munich killed the real Fleetwood Mac. The blues band that I thought was better than the Bluesbreakers.  Bob Welch  came along a saved a struggling  rhythm section from becoming an afterthought then he left. Lindsey Buckingham and Stevie Nicks joined a band that was severely down on their luck and made them a super band. Mick Fleetwood has more lives than a cat. 

20 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I got the big cut on both my man tubes, so condoms are a thing of the past.

But Norwegian Wood condoms do help to put the song into context.. 🙂

I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her room
Isn't it good Norwegian wood?

She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a chair

I sat on a rug biding my time
Drinking her wine
We talked until two and then she said
"It's time for bed"

She told me she worked
In the morning and started to laugh
I told her I didn't
And crawled off to sleep in the bath

And when I awoke I was alone
This bird had flown
So I lit a fire

Edited by mihcmac

33 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

But Norwegian Wood condoms do help to put the song into context.. 🙂

I once had a girl
Or should I say she once had me
She showed me her room

She asked me to stay
And she told me to sit anywhere
So I looked around
And I noticed there wasn't a chair

I sat on a rug biding my time
Drinking her wine
We talked until two and then she said
"It's time for bed"

She told me she worked
In the morning and started to laugh
I told her I didn't
And crawled off to sleep in the bath

And when I awoke I was alone
This bird had flown
So I lit a fire

I've never heard that song. 

As a matter of fact I just stared learning it last week. Got my 12'er out and everything. The Beatles liked to capo a lot.

So at the end of the song did he burn her furniture or just lite a fire in the fire place?  He b0ned her that's  for sure, but had to crash in the tub.  I guess she had no couch.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

4 minutes ago, Navy Vet. said:

I think when Lennon said he lit a fire, I think he meant he burned her house down.

What a d!ck. And he got some to boot.  

Did you do 20 in the Navy or just one hitch. I did 4 then joined the CG and life got better. Got out as an E-8. Maybe I should change my name to Senior Chief Pepper, but I have never been of of those guys who still live in the past and can't talk about anything else.  Like when all you have to cling to is your college days.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

12 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

What a d!ck. And he got some to boot.  

Did you do 20 in the Navy or just one hitch. I did 4 then joined the CG and life got better. Got out as an E-8. Maybe I should change my name to Senior Chief Pepper, but I have never been of of those guys who still live in the past and can't talk about anything else.  Like when all you have to cling to is your college days.

Active duty from 1983-1989. Recalled back to active duty 2001-2002. Got awarded 100% P&T by the VA in September 2019 and retired from the VA after 16 years in December 2019. 

Edited by Navy Vet.

22 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I've never heard that song. 

As a matter of fact I just stared learning it last week. Got my 12'er out and everything. The Beatles liked to capo a lot.

So at the end of the song did he burn her furniture or just lite a fire in the fire place?  He b0ned her that's  for sure, but had to crash in the tub.  I guess she had no couch.

You quote the song under your avatar which is why I mentioned the song Norwegian Wood in the first place..

38 minutes ago, Big Bill said:

Science discovered carpal tunnel syndrome in the 70s by studying me and my pure virgin lust for Stevie. She is the only blonde to ever melt my butter. This has NOTHING to do with music!

Stay away from her! The sow is mine! (In demonic voice)

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, mihcmac said:

You quote the song under your avatar which is why I mentioned the song Norwegian Wood in the first place..

I know I change it every month or so. Thinking about my next one.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, brad1 said:

Does anybody actually think Lindsey cares?

He sued FM after he got booted for the money he would have gotten for the tour. I think they settled out of court. So yes and maybe no. Every time FM tours it's just a cash grab anyway so he's losing that.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 minutes ago, mihcmac said:

I think if Grace asked to stop dreaming about Stevie you'd stall for a while to chase some rabbits..

3FvJxbrS.jpg

Living in the past, another century, this photo was from her youth and fast forward to today and she ain’t looking the same. Same with Stevie Nicks. Today she’s 5 feet tall and 5 feet wide. But as it has been written and sung, All Things Must Pass.  We can still hold on to our youth till the bitter end, if only in our memories.