Gibson Brands Forums

Halftime show has been interrupted

Navy Vet.

10 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

the commercials were awful and the game was boring,

I cracked up on a few of them,  but yea,,.  not all were great.

I didn't think the game was boring but, to each their own.  It wasn't really a blow out till KC scored with not much time left.  But this is what they do.  Hang around till the last quarter, then you can't shut them down.   If I was a 49s fan, I'd have been loosing my mind with some of the crappy officiating in the second half. 

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

I cracked up on a few of them,  but yea,,.  not all were great.

I didn't think the game was boring but, to each their own.  It wasn't really a blow out till KC scored with not much time left.  But this is what they do.  Hang around till the last quarter, then you can't shut them down.   If I was a 49s fan, I'd have been loosing my mind with some of the crappy officiating in the second half. 

SF shot themselves in the foot with 2 pass interference calls. And Garappalo is not all that and a bag of chips, he was like were he came from a back up at best who got really lucky this year.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Reminded me of an exercise video,  where does choreography end and calisthenics begin?

And they announced the day before it would all be lip synched.  The Miley Cyrus slutshow a few years back put an end to my viewing of halftime shows. 

Football should be a family friendly thing, one of my coworkers 7 year old daughter asked why the girls were dancing in their underwear.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jaxson50 said:

Reminded me of an exercise video,  where does choreography end and calisthenics begin?

And they announced the day before it would all be lip synched.  The Miley Cyrus slutshow a few years back put an end to my viewing of halftime shows. 

Football should be a family friendly thing, one of my coworkers 7 year old daughter asked why the girls were dancing in their underwear.  

Cause this is America it's our birthright to have a cellphone and dress like a prostitute in public if you so choose.

• Like 2

Honestly, I get it that the SB is a dump of garbage ads and mostly awful - if not all - halftime shows, but I tune that crap out. My friend invited us over for tons of food, drink, and smoke. While we were indulging in the goodness of that, the SB was recording in the background so later in the evening, we could FF through all the garbage including the halftime show. It was a great night for me and had very little to do with the big game. Then again we have the Lions here so we have been practicing how to have a good time during any game for the last 50+ years that has little to do with football. True story... and we will never see the Lions in the SB - or amount to anything successful. I digress. Yeah, proud to not have seen any ads or halftime garbage. 

• Like 1

I enjoyed the halftime show - very much like going to a strip club, but without the cover charge.  Paid no attention to the so called "music".   As an official judge I declared Shakira the winner of the butt shaking contest.  The game was pretty good too.  I had predicted if SF could run the ball effectively and keep KC's offense off the field they could win.  They managed to do that most of the game, but then Mahommes and company did their thing in the 4th quarter like they usually do.

Agree the commercials were weak this  year - many I couldn't tell what product was being sold.

On 2/3/2020 at 8:10 PM, Sgt. Pepper said:

I loved the fact she capo'ed her guitar that she was fake playing. It was a sparkly Firebird. I'll bet Steve Ford is jealous as hell he doesn't have one.

Our current Prime Minster plays guitar with a capo on (I know I've posted this pic before, but it always makes me chuckle).

DpLowrJ.jpg 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2