Gibson Brands Forums

New song

AnneS

Hi, all.

It’s been awhile, but I’m managing to keep a hand in, despite being a bit out of practice. Nice to know the songs still come... on occasion.

Have a listen, if you like... (plucked on my Rainsong parlor and quietly recorded with iphone and Music Memos. Hope to give it proper treatment later this year.)

https://song.space/3b4gcg

Cheers!

Yer old pal, Anne 😉

• Like 1

Thank you for the listens and comments, gents—I truly appreciate it!

Forty, I won’t be playing it on the old LG-1, as I let it go just over a year ago. My 1930’s Kalamazoo (modified with an x-brace) is my go-to for that small-body, old hog sound (unless one day the right 12-fret tuxedo finds me), so I decided to release the LG1 back into the pond for a chance at a new life.

It was a smooth, if sad, parting, but I parlayed it, eventually, into this 14-fret Rainsong Parlor, which gets me through the winter months and lets me leave it in the car. Last month, I dragged it up to Illinois and never brought it inside—single digit temps the whole 3 days. When I next opened the case—still perfectly in tune. Now, I’m at a South Carolina beach for a month, and it’s laying directly in the morning sun. No worry. As advertised.

Anyway, thanks again, all, for taking in my latest. It sure is nice to hear that it hits the mark I thought it hit, too—

😉

A

Edited by AnneS