Gibson Brands Forums

number of Les Paul Moderns produced in 2019

Roxx

Just curious and still trying to find out how many Les Paul Moderns were manufactured in 2019. I have requested this information from customer service, but have not got an answer. I really don't know how to get any kind of response as I have no direct line to Gibson records or factory. I just don't know how to go about it.

I am a little confused as they may be stamping any Gibson in sequence as they roll off the line. They make several models in the same run and may number them as they are processed. I just was curious as I have watched a review video of a number larger than mine by quite a bit and it was done in an earlier date . I am a little bewildered. Maybe they start new numbers every day or each week. It would be nice to know just how they do it and I can't see why it is such a secret.

4 hours ago, Roxx said:

...It would be nice to know just how they do it and I can't see why it is such a secret.

Any reference to relative scarcity becomes a mantra of RARE! and therefore twisted into WORTH MORE!  Lots of guitars have only had a few made because they weren't a good idea.  That's a guitar that is RARE! because it SUCKED!  I think the stupid vintage market of the 90's stung all three of the American guitar makers by getting their prices up into the Only Guitar Show Dealers Can Buy range, which drags up the price of a new guitar as well.  A limited number of guitars does not a great guitar make, but sellers are quick to make it that.

rct

• Like 2

Why the curoiusity? If it's for rarity, collectibility, or resale value forget about it. I doubt there are any even if they're owned by someone extremely famous... Maybe in 50-60 years.. Even then, there will be such a flood of old Guitars I doubt it..

If you want a valuable collector Guitar they can be had but seriously doubt in a new one...

best to buy what you like & enjoy it. If it holds it's value, great! If it doesn't, you got to enjoy it..

Good luck!

6 hours ago, Larsongs said:

Why the curoiusity? If it's for rarity, collectibility, or resale value forget about it. I doubt there are any even if they're owned by someone extremely famous... Maybe in 50-60 years.. Even then, there will be such a flood of old Guitars I doubt it..

If you want a valuable collector Guitar they can be had but seriously doubt in a new one...

best to buy what you like & enjoy it. If it holds it's value, great! If it doesn't, you got to enjoy it..

Good luck!

I am not a collector. I was curious . I don't have an explanation other than a serial number I saw on a video that was strange. It had an earlier date of manufacturer than mine but the serial number was higher. I think I have it figured out. I believe the necks are stamped as being made and used later when attached to the body. This could explain the discrepancy. If the necks are made and stashed in a bin somewhere until another future assembly time, it makes sense. I am a curious cat . LOL