Gibson Brands Forums

NGD my first "Brand" New Strat

bigtim

Got to missing the strat sound.  Have had several in the past however, I have let them go. One I regret doing so but we all know how that goes.

I had my eye on one of the new Daphne blue strats with the all rosewood necks and also the new Eric Johnson thinline strat.

However after playing the new Eric thinline model with the humongous neck profile it just did not feel like a strat at all and more like a real fat 58 les paul neck. So I passed.

The all rosewood neck strat just did not feel right due the fret ends were kind if rough.

So I got  this olympic white one off of the wall and fell in love and pulled the trigger.

Also their new Les Paul display looked real stunning. So here she is along side of my custom side by side. I think it is a great combo.

kyBv5JN.jpg

eyb07F1.jpg

xa4izfC.jpg

LeAp399.jpg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

Congrats Tim, Love me some Olympic White... Looks good next to that Custom too

Yes it is very stunning in its own way. A workhorse kind of......well it is going to turn out that way anyway, I believe I will be keeping the custom put away still like I have been doing already. Just to keep it pristine you know.

1 hour ago, FemmeParallell said:

Yay for strats!  like the subtle flame on the headstock

congrats!

Thanks, I like the noticeable flame going on too. It really adds a nice touch.

They had about 5 of the custom shop relic job Journeyman builds from Fender in stock too. I mean, yeah they are cool and all but for 4 grand, I think this color combo blew them away as far as looks go. I am very happy with the way this one plays so far too. SO far from all of the artist models I have played as well, I believe the regular production models have a lot going on for them.

I like the neck tilt option and the quieter pick ups too. The newer finishes too are tougher than the older ones. So it will look better for a longer period of time.

• Like 1

Congrats, nice looking Strat.  I think you have it covered now as far as handling just about any guitar sounds you need between that the Custom LP.

Surprised you didn't pick up that first LP in line at the shop - only $8,499.  Can that one really sound $6K better than a regular Standard?  But someone will buy it.

• Like 1

On 2/8/2020 at 12:37 PM, Twang Gang said:

Congrats, nice looking Strat.  I think you have it covered now as far as handling just about any guitar sounds you need between that the Custom LP.

Surprised you didn't pick up that first LP in line at the shop - only $8,499.  Can that one really sound $6K better than a regular Standard?  But someone will buy it.

i saw that and you know....I was a little surprised at the price but your right, someone will have to have that puppy just because. I liked the green sg that was there on the end too. It looked real good in person.

On 2/11/2020 at 9:41 AM, merciful-evans said:

seriously nice livery. The p/u covers & knobs match the maple neck and the gold hardware sets it off beautifully. 

Tidy looking strat. Impressed 👌

Thank you very much....and everyone else for the kind words.

I have taken and have it almost set up to my liking. About 98% there already. Due to work, the weather and everything else here the past few days, I have not had as much time as I thought to have to play with it........but that is gonna change real soon!!