Gibson Brands Forums

Silverbust Les Paul Studio

truetone6

I bought this online at Guitar Center  for $399.It comes with a case.

It was listed as in fair condition because it has had a headstock repair.

Still I thought it was worth taking a chance at that price. I am having it shipped

to my local GC so I can try it there first.

It is hard to read the serial number but it looks like 2010?

Do you know the specs for this model?

silver1.png

silver.png

silver4.png

silver3.png

silver5.png

silver2.png

Edited by truetone6

Cant see the serial either. If it is a 2010 here is what I found on CME.

Built with smoldering good looks and Gibson's most durable woods, the new Les Paul Studio Silverburst will withstand the demanding lifestyle of any performing guitarist. Constructed of a mahogany body and neck, maple top and baked maple fingerboard, the new Les Paul Studio Silverburst is available only at Guitar Center and comes in the highly popular Silverburst finish. This guitar is equipped with 490R and 498T pickups for that vintage humbucking sound you demand. Exquisite details, like trapezoid fingerboard inlays and classic volume and tone knobs, complete this package.

18 hours ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Do you have it and does it have the pots that split coils?

Thanks,I don't have it yet because I bought it from a GC store in Texas and they shipped it to a store near me in Minnesota. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I might not pick it up then as the weather will be 18 below zero . Better to let the box defrost in the backroom of Guitar Center  for 24 hours than risk damaging the finish.

2 hours ago, truetone6 said:

Thanks,I don't have it yet because I bought it from a GC store in Texas and they shipped it to a store near me in Minnesota. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow but I might not pick it up then as the weather will be 18 below zero . Better to let the box defrost in the backroom of Guitar Center  for 24 hours than risk damaging the finish.

Good call. Test drive it there and if its poo you don't even have to take it out of the store. And if its good to go its a NUGD.

So I went to my local Guitar Center to pick up the guitar today and when we open up the shipping carton there is an Epiphone triangle shaped box inside. I say to the salesman  "That can't be it,where is the case?" He says that is all that came from the other store. When we open the box the Les Paul is inside but after I look at the headstock repair I tell them I don't want it. It looks like an amateur job on a pretty nasty break that went diagonally from the middle of the top through the low E tuner hole.Just a thick line of white glue was holding it together. They didn't bother to coverit up. Also the bottom of the nut looked like it had been cut off unevenly and looked a little chewed up. I just cancelled the order and got a refund.  On the plus side it did have the coil taps,lol. 

Edited by truetone6
  • Like 1