Gibson Brands Forums

The Blues

rct

1 hour ago, rct said:

I try with Gretsch, I really do.  When we go out to Milwaukee WI for the big bead festival I go to Cream City and stink up the Gretsch room confirming my lifelong inability to bond with them.  They are like  Rickenbachers to me, a mystery I will never solve.  Can't hack the necks on either and I don't know why.  Like Paul Reeds, same thing.

rct

the neck on the MIK one that I have is pretty comfortable.  the MIJ Pro Lines might be another story.  The scale is certainly not the same tho.  But after about a week, I got it.

that axe doesn't sound like any other axe I have tho.  The stock pickups are really twangishy.  Like a tele, but, not...

2 minutes ago, kidblast said:

the neck on the MIK one that I have is pretty comfortable.  the MIJ Pro Lines might be another story.  The scale is certainly not the same tho.  But after about a week, I got it.

that axe doesn't sound like any other axe I have tho.  The stock pickups are really twangishy.  Like a tele, but, not...

Yeah, there is the sound thing too.  I'm pretty much in the same box I've been in for about 25 years now.  I don't have a need for the sound, so that probably quietly confirms my failures with them.

rct

22 minutes ago, rct said:

Yeah, there is the sound thing too.  I'm pretty much in the same box I've been in for about 25 years now.  I don't have a need for the sound, so that probably quietly confirms my failures with them.

rct

me too, but wanted something different,  this cured the itch.    I've always had a keen interest for a white falcon,  .. I still do ..

18 minutes ago, kidblast said:

me too, but wanted something different,  this cured the itch.    I've always had a keen interest for a white falcon,  .. I still do ..

Oh yeah, the super expensive ones are nice for sure.  I'd do Stray Cat Strut and put it down for the night.  lolz

rct

My Explorer plays and sounds great, but I spend more time looking at it than playing it. The flow and form of the Wild Goose is amazing and the thought that such modern shaped guitar was designed in the 50s is remarkable. Some guitars are best just to be appreciated as art..

42 minutes ago, rct said:

Oh yeah, the super expensive ones are nice for sure.  I'd do Stray Cat Strut and put it down for the night.  lolz

rct

that'd be one expensive cover tune!  HA!  on a more serious note,  these are quite versatile.  I don't get a lot of feed back out of mine and it covers a lot of territory. 

The shorter fret board does come into play if you are used to doing your pyrotechnic, nuclear fallout, pure wickedness shredding up in them thar nether regions.  🤘

8 minutes ago, FemmeParallell said:

That EJ strat is beautiful, i have a thing for blue guitars..never played a strat with binding! its now on my Must to do list

Still a Tropical Turquoise EJRW or three around, Reverb/CME for sure.  Get one!

rct

• Like 1