Gibson Brands Forums

The Blues

rct

23 minutes ago, rct said:

It's an EJRW, not often do they offer bound neck on a strat/tele, so I looked a long time for one.  No string trees for the staggered machines, which are pretty nice I have to say.

rct

No tree's and staggered machines will help your tremolo return to zero better.. If you use it...

Edited by mihcmac

Rarely.  I go weeks without even screwing the bar on, and then put it on and don't use it for a couple nights.  Then I use it last set for a night and put it away again.  I used it when I was young, but didn't like it much then and have stayed away for a long time.  You?

rct

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rct said:

Rarely.  I go weeks without even screwing the bar on, and then put it on and don't use it for a couple nights.  Then I use it last set for a night and put it away again.  I used it when I was young, but didn't like it much then and have stayed away for a long time.  You?

rct

I am a tremolo addict, I can't stop touching it..    my tremolo collection....

MTDjKBA.jpg

Well, to be fair, and much to SurfPup's chagrin, my Fenders have Duncan stacks in them, so not really singles.  The EJ is still stock but I don't exepct so much longer, and that Two-Tone Tele will definitely lose the '51 Nocasters in it for a pair of my favorites.

rct

I've never had too much issue with out-of-tunedness with a stock, junky Leo trem.  I can tune on my feet with just one ear, so it never bothered me too much at all.  I hated Floyds, I had a few guitars with them back then.  Right, now I'll have to take a strat out and wang away at it all night.  Dang.

It goes with my recent use of slide, haven't done that in a long time and we've added a few tunes for me to do that on.  Might as well bar up some Hendrix or something.

rct

1 hour ago, kidblast said:

That is an awesome pair of fenders you have their RCT.  I've heard the necks of the EJs are very large, (fat-roundness) is that true for yours? one of my buds is thinking bout hooking up on one, but I know he doesn't like BIG necks.

12" on the EJs.  I also have a Schifflet Tele with a 12" unbound rosewood.  I have...(1) 7.25 on the Esquire, the (2) 12s, halfa dozen 9.5s.  I like them all, doesn't bother me to go from one to the other at all, and I thought it would.  I think consistent scale length keeps me right.  I've been a Fender Grrrl my whole life, and the Les Pauls, 'Splorer, and SG gave me fits because of a wee bit of scale difference.  Weird how that changes your view(feel) of the entire neck.

rct

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, rct said:

12" on the EJs.  I also have a Schifflet Tele with a 12" unbound rosewood.  I have...(1) 7.25 on the Esquire, the (2) 12s, halfa dozen 9.5s.  I like them all, doesn't bother me to go from one to the other at all, and I thought it would.  I think consistent scale length keeps me right.  I've been a Fender Grrrl my whole life, and the Les Pauls, 'Splorer, and SG gave me fits because of a wee bit of scale difference.  Weird how that changes your view(feel) of the entire neck.

rct

thx Man, I'll pass it on.  and there is a difference, there is no doubt.  I am more used to the LP/SG than I am the Strats or Teles I have, but I can manage the transitions.  The Gretsch I picked up last month, THAT was different still.  Took a little getting used to.

Edited by kidblast

Just now, zigzag said:

Not sure I've ever seen a prettier pair. I'm assuming those are rosewood fretboards and not ebony.

Au contraire.  The Strat is bound, round laminate rosewood.  The Two-Tone Tele is just delicious Ebony, that's why I bought it in record time.  They don't do that very often.

rct

• Like 1

Just now, kidblast said:

thx Man, I'll pass it on.  and there is a difference, there is no doubt.  I am more used to the LP/SG than I am the Strats or Teles I have, but I can manage the transitions of.  The gretsch I pickedup last month, THAT was different still.  Took a little getting used to.

I try with Gretsch, I really do.  When we go out to Milwaukee WI for the big bead festival I go to Cream City and stink up the Gretsch room confirming my lifelong inability to bond with them.  They are like  Rickenbachers to me, a mystery I will never solve.  Can't hack the necks on either and I don't know why.  Like Paul Reeds, same thing.

rct