Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

MxQBfZS.jpg
Cleared snow, brought in firewood, and stared longingly at an old Martin on Reverb.  I ended up changing out strings to occupy hands that were hell bent on making an offer or just buying it outright.  Cooler heads prevailed.  I go through this every so often.

Edited by jedzep
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jedzep said:

MxQBfZS.jpg
Cleared snow, brought in firewood, and stared longingly at an old Martin on Reverb.  I ended up changing out strings to occupy hands that were hell bent on making an offer or just buying it outright.  Cooler heads prevailed.  I go through this every so often.

Looks like you have more snow than here in ND. Good looking dog too.

Thanks! This is Florida by ND standards.  I'll never forget catching a ride with a lady trucker from a Fargo rest stop in an August snow squall on my way to Missoula to hook up with a friend.  Just another dumb idea I played out after college, sometime in '75. 

Vito, my big old English Choc Lab, is the Banner SJ of dogs.

• Like 1

Plunked on the 12 string a bit. Listened to The White Album and didn't skip over Rev 9 like I usually do.  Bought a 180 gram copy of Pink Floyd The Wall. Made dinner and watched 20 mins of deserving people receive awards. Fell asleep to The Grateful Dead. 

• Like 1

a little late here. I took my dogs for a drive, to pick up my gear from a gig Sat. night.  came home, ate a late breakfast, slept, showered, ate dinner, re-strung my 335 with StringJoy strings, custom set 11.5,15,19,30,40,52.  we'll see how that goes.  watched the last of Ray Donovan,  went to bed.

• Like 1

I had a pool party gig mid-day. Temperature near 80F. It's the kind of day they snowbirds pay big money to come down here and enjoy.

Today, (Monday) I'm working on more styles for my Band-in-a-Box aftermarket business. Windows are open, sun is shining and right now the bluejays are screeching at the bird feeder.

Notes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Yeah let us know how they are. I want to get a set for one of my acoustics.  If they are all that and a bag of chips I may plunk down the cash and try one out. But I can get 4 sets of Martin's for that price.

yea, I know what you mean. I typ use the Ernie Ball 11s. I get them for $5 a pack at my local store. so I'm going to have to really like these to stick with them. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Black Dog said:

Took the dogs out.  Coffee, news.  Dogs out for exercise.   Washed the dogs.  Exercised myself.   Lunch. 

Next, feed the dogs and walk the dogs again.  Then, play guitar for the rest of the day.  

Life is good.

that is a great day ...

• Like 1

I put my heli's in box over 6 years ago to break the habit, got them out yesterday and managed to get the Lama V6 on right working and got several flights out of it before one of the motors stopped working.. Great day flying but I think they are going back in the box. But I might scavenge a working motor from the V4 in the the middle to get the V6 running again....

a6614066-128-v6b16-v4-v912.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

I put my heli's in box over 6 years ago to break the habit, got them out yesterday and managed to get the Lama V6 on right working and got several flights out of it before one of the motors stopped working.. Great day flying but I think they are going back in the box. But I might scavenge a working motor from the V4 in the the middle to get the V6 running again....

toys, toys, toys...  gotta love it!

1 hour ago, mihcmac said:

Why do I hear the Magnum PI theme song in my head?

Looks like fun, BTW.

I was stationed at Air Station Barbers Point when I was in the Coast Guard. I lived there 18 months from 92-94. I've been back but to The Big Island when I had to go there to work on a Coast Guard Patrol Boat in Hilo. Man I would love one of those Loco's. I think that is what they are called with the rice, hamburger patty, egg and brown gravy.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

3 hours ago, billroy fineman said:

toys, toys, toys...  gotta love it!

The Lama's are large for indoor 4 channel coaxial toys can only fly at about 5mph. For Heli's to fly outdoors in Hawaii they must be much faster. I spent a year rebuilding them with lots and lots of custom alloy parts an carbon fiber parts with really hot motors. The V6  I got upto 28mph and the V4 upto 40mph, both very capable to handle adverse weather conditions, got be able to fly faster than the wind...

2 hours ago, Black Dog said:

Why do I hear the Magnum PI theme song in my head?

Looks like fun, BTW.

Hmm, I still hear the original McGarrett 5 0 theme..

1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I was stationed at Air Station Barbers Point when I was in the Coast Guard. I lived there 18 months from 92-94. I've been back but to The Big Island when I had to go there to work on a Coast Guard Patrol Boat in Hilo. Man I would love one of those Loco's. I think that is what they are called with the rice, hamburger patty, egg and brown gravy.

Loco Moco's are good as well as a Masubi role with rice, Teriyaki chicken or Portuguese sausage or Red Dogs, wrapped in Limu seaweed, that are available at all convenience stores. Also Lau Lau, fish or pork or chicken wrapped Taro leaf and steamed in an outer Ti leaf wrapping.

Edited by mihcmac