Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

1 hour ago, NighthawkChris said:

...Sometimes we try a guitar and it seems like a great idea, looks nice, but just aren't inspired by it...  

You hit the nail right on the head there.  The two Warmoth's that I built and ended up selling were both really nice guitars.  But, I've learned that I'm just really partial to pretty much everything about Gibson's, especially LPs.  The feel, sound, look, all of it.  I haven't been able to play any of the new original collection LPs but I think they are probably great guitars and worth every penny.  I've been tempted to get one but then I ask myself, am I really gonna pick that up instead of my R0??

• Like 2

bought a sausage egg & cheese sandwhich this morning. got to work, there were two boxes of donuts outside the office. inside the office there was a big bag of bagels. email was sent, saying for lunch the boss/owner was buying everyone pizza. mt wife & I are going out tonight for our anniversary. and I'm already completely stuffed. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Karloff said:

bought a sausage egg & cheese sandwhich this morning. got to work, there were two boxes of donuts outside the office. inside the office there was a big bag of bagels. email was sent, saying for lunch the boss/owner was buying everyone pizza. mt wife & I are going out tonight for our anniversary. and I'm already completely stuffed. 

Eat through the pain.  You can do it.  Mind over matter.

• Like 1

OK Fixed it. Traveled to Fiji for my 60th birthday next Wednesday.

Here is the beach at the hotel. Amazing.

FLgYueT.jpg

Here is a mountain ridge called The Sleeping Giant. See the Giant?

r7gKpCJ.jpg

Me driving on the "wrong" side of the road. Commonwealth nation and all that:

pGBzP3a.jpg

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Tman said:

FLgYueT.jpg

r7gKpCJ.jpg

pGBzP3a.jpg

Well happy 60th TMan. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tman said:

FLgYueT.jpg

Hmmm, looks like my back yard, I just got through mowing..

Edited by mihcmac

11 hours ago, Tman said:

Lucky man!

Actually your beach is envious, the Big Island I live on has mostly rock cliff faces for coastline with a few nice small beaches in protected coves that are some times difficult to get to. Enjoy have a great time...

Today I took a  scuba diving lesson for the first time in my life. I am still so excited. What an experience. Tuesday we will go for real and swim along a coral reef and maybe see sharks. Even snorkeling is amazing here. It's summertime (equivalent to our August in the northern hemisphere). Hot, humid, and fantastic. Been a great way to spend the last days of my 50s and welcome in the 60s.

9 hours ago, Tman said:

Today I took a  scuba diving lesson for the first time in my life. I am still so excited. What an experience. Tuesday we will go for real and swim along a coral reef and maybe see sharks. Even snorkeling is amazing here. It's summertime (equivalent to our August in the northern hemisphere). Hot, humid, and fantastic. Been a great way to spend the last days of my 50s and welcome in the 60s.

I did my first ocean dive which was my qualifier for the SCUBA course in my 14th birthday! That is almost 60 years ago!

I couldn’t even buy a wetsuit here in Australia back then.

I did lots of diving for years and it was a wonderful thing. I still miss it!

HP is having an unbelievable sale right now. Last night, a friend came to my door and my 110lb. German Shepherd took off towards the door taking my laptop, that was plugged in, with him. Well it broke the charging jack. This is the second time he has done that and it can't be easily fixed. The jack is part of the motherboard and it was cracked the first time. Poor design, IMO.

Anyway, if you're thinking about a new computer, I recommend you check out the HP website. This morning, I bought a $1240 laptop for $640!

Went over to my girl singer's house, and worked on some new songs with her. 

Then I went over to Athens to sell an old Kent Les Paul copy to a wonderful gent. 
Installed an ancient Pioneer tuner and speakers out in the garage. 
Made supper for the wife, and then sold a puppy pen to some neighbor friends who were in need of such a thing. 

Productive day. 
:)

• Like 1