Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

I spent my lunch hour trying Nomad's Frine Fret Polish (which arrived from Amazon this morning),   Needed a string change on my 95 LP Standard, it was time..  I like this stuff,  works really good .

I don't think I will ever use steel or brass wool again to deox frets ever again.  Put some F1 oil on the Fretboard, and then restrung er... should be ready for they mayhem that ensues tomorrow night..

Sgt Pepper,

I saw a Firebird VII on Reverb and told him I'd do 1/2 down and could do the rest last weekend, meet him somewhere by picking it up so no shipping.

He responded by raising the price $300 and then raised it another $300!

I don't know much but I know that I will NEVER buy that particular guitar from him.

My morning swim - 50 lengths.

Then drove about 25 miles for a socially-distanced jazz group rehearsal/get-together; our 1st since the pandemic got going in March.

Nice to see everyone again, nice to play music with other people. 

Even had a good drive home as the rush hour isn't nearly as busy as it used to be before.

👍

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Sgt Pepper,

I saw a Firebird VII on Reverb and told him I'd do 1/2 down and could do the rest last weekend, meet him somewhere by picking it up so no shipping.

He responded by raising the price $300 and then raised it another $300!

I don't know much but I know that I will NEVER buy that particular guitar from him.

You offered to pay him in full by paying half, and then the balance, and meet to pick it up to avoid the BS of shipping. And he does that, what a clown.

See my Firebird VII and I'll raise you $600.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper
  • Like 1

Spent today recuperating from the flu shot two days back. 

The young lady at CVS says that the US bases it's flu vaccine on what the Australians get and hope they've guessed right.  Either I"m just plain old or the current bout of the flu is really nasty.  Probably a combination of both.

11 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Spent today recuperating from the flu shot two days back. 

The young lady at CVS says that the US bases it's flu vaccine on what the Australians get and hope they've guessed right.  Either I"m just plain old or the current bout of the flu is really nasty.  Probably a combination of both.

I want what the Aussie's have.  They always have the best flu.

Shot two raccoons last night,in my shop eating cat food again. I got the first one coming out of the shop, I went and looked to see where it went,couldn't find it. Went back to the shop and saw another one in the midst of 25 cats all in a circle around it like he was telling a campfire story. It ran out and hid in the metal pile along the shop,took 3 shots with the .22 kill that big bastard.  I'm using the .410 next time.

1 hour ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Shot two raccoons last night,in my shop eating cat food again. I got the first one coming out of the shop, I went and looked to see where it went,couldn't find it. Went back to the shop and saw another one in the midst of 25 cats all in a circle around it like he was telling a campfire story. It ran out and hid in the metal pile along the shop,took 3 shots with the .22 kill that big bastard.  I'm using the .410 next time.

Kill them hump back trash cats with extreme predjudice. 

12 hours ago, Mr. Gibson said:

I cant top that.

I just went swimming.

17 minutes ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

I am too, but only from the military. I still gotta go out and earn.

I hear you. The Railroad wanted to pass a 30/50 deal but our Union wouldn't hear of it. Meaning with 30 years of service and 50 years age, we could retire with a full pension. So the union upped it to 30/60 and management agreed.  There were many guys I knew that died before they could leave. One guy fell and a car ran over him cutting both feet off. The one I couldn't get out of my head was the guy coupled between the 2 cars. 'Medics said he would stay alive as long as he remained coupled, but as soon as they uncoupled the 2 cars, he would die. So they called home for his wife to see him before they released the cars.  Thats why I don't miss it. It's in our contract that we can never work for a railroad again. I could paint someones house, but I'm getting too old to climb up and down ladders all day. You work at NASA don't you? That would be a good job. 

I would have liked to have been able to stay on with the railroad, but 3rd shift for years before I can get on 2nd or 1st shift and being in my 50's is not for me. Management were every tool in the toolbox too.

And my job being a contractor for NASA is a sweet gig.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Drove the wife's new Subaru into work today to pick up new computer stuff and managed to bring it back undamaged.  That was a relief.  I'm real good on a motorcycle, cars just seem big and weird.

Got the new computer hooked up, got the new system going and my files wouldn't transfer because the drives kept going down.  Ya gotta love our IT boffins.

Best part of the day was quitting time with a three day weekend coming up.

Edited by SteveFord

UFC 4 on PlayStation. Every user review online says it's crap, but then the gaming community is a bunch of anemic virgins with unhealthy anime interests, so it figures they would say that. I found the ground game very confusing and the learning curve for that appears to be vertical rather than steep. Otherwise, I like it. It's a bit "arcade-y" but not in a bad way. 

More of a fighting game than an MMA sim (like UFC 3), but I like it for what it is so far. That's my weekend sorted.