Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

20 hours ago, mihcmac said:

I'm glad you are here, but stay off of those ladders.,

My 339 is in Anaheim...

My aunt & uncle lived there. We used to go to Cal. about every year visiting all my mom's brothers and sisters (11) on the way to the coast. One other uncle lived North somewhere up by the red wood Forest. I forgot the town but they were close to the coast. Anyway, Deb is leaving with our son to head to Missouri Sat. to pick up a new puppy for the grandkids. I'm heading over to see their faces when they come back with it. So HUSH, is the word. I'm not supposed to go up while  she's gone but I have it figured out how I'm going to do the front.  

I spent most of the day looking  up SUV's in the consumer report magazine. I told Deb I didn't need another car at the beginning of this year as I don't work anymore so the only place I drive to is the lake or to my mom's once in a while.  Now she wants to do trips more and with the grand kids. So now she wants a small camper to be pulled by a vehicle that can tow around 5,000 or more lbs. and have seating for the kids in back. I narrowed it down to a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I love the 4x4, A Subaru Ascent, or a Kia Telluride. Those had the better consumer ratings and tow packages. Below $40,000.00 also. I really don't care for the kia name but it was rated the highest at 92. The Ascent came in at 82 and the Grand Cherokee at 73. 

Morning coffee - checked the US election results - shook my head - checked emails - Gibson customer service let me know the strings on my new guitar are PB's, not 80/20's - played some guitar, boy this thing is good! - Breakfast - more guitar - fed the wild birds waiting for me - more guitar - read latest motoring magazine, then some more C.J. Box novel - little more guitar - checked election results again - shook my head some more - ran a bath and had my weekly soak - 2nd coffee coming up.

• Like 1

Birthday today but got up early and played the Firebird VII, worked, realized I need a nymphomaniac for a mistress, worked, election results, worked, fed varmints, time for a motorcycle ride and then wil play the guitar some more and sack out.

Happy November 7th!

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

Birthday today but got up early and played the Firebird VII, worked, realized I need a nymphomaniac for a mistress, worked, election results, worked, fed varmints, time for a motorcycle ride and then wil play the guitar some more and sack out.

Happy November 7th!

Happy birthday! No guitar. Your wife can't possibly know how many you really have.

Thank you and no, she has no idea.  

What I'm going to do is put a note inside each case with what it is and purchase price so she'll have some idea what to ask for them if I croak first.

Many years ago she dated a guy who had like 100 guitars or something crazy like that so I'm small potatos.  

I actually did look on eBay at guitars this morning but went Nah and gave this VII's neck a buffing with carnauba wax.  It seems like Gibson was rushing the painting process on guitars right around 2005-2007 (or more so than normal).

12 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

Thank you and no, she has no idea.  

What I'm going to do is put a note inside each case with what it is and purchase price so she'll have some idea what to ask for them if I croak first.

Many years ago she dated a guy who had like 100 guitars or something crazy like that so I'm small potatos.  

I actually did look on eBay at guitars this morning but went Nah and gave this VII's neck a buffing with carnauba wax.  It seems like Gibson was rushing the painting process on guitars right around 2005-2007 (or more so than normal).

So she goes for a guy in a group who has a big it single in chart, and guitars.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 4:41 PM, Retired said:

I spent most of the day looking  up SUV's in the consumer report magazine. I told Deb I didn't need another car at the beginning of this year as I don't work anymore so the only place I drive to is the lake or to my mom's once in a while.  Now she wants to do trips more and with the grand kids. So now she wants a small camper to be pulled by a vehicle that can tow around 5,000 or more lbs. and have seating for the kids in back. I narrowed it down to a Jeep Grand Cherokee, I love the 4x4, A Subaru Ascent, or a Kia Telluride. Those had the better consumer ratings and tow packages. Below $40,000.00 also. I really don't care for the kia name but it was rated the highest at 92. The Ascent came in at 82 and the Grand Cherokee at 73. 

You might consider an old school custom 4X4, acquire or build, with your favorite engine..

Awoke.  Listened to news on radio, hope it's correct.

Eat porridge, toast, cup of tea, pills.  Lie on bed in Sunday post-breakfast digestive reverie for a bit.

Internet; check news again.  4th day of month-long lockdown.  Do some email.

More food; beef, lettuce and mayo sandwich, big cup of proper coffee.   Yum.  Overcast, cold and grey outside.

At the moment that's it basically....sleep, eat, drink, look at media, play guitar, listen to music, read. 

Lucky.....

Edited by jdgm
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, mihcmac said:

You might consider an old school custom 4X4, acquire or build, with your favorite engine..

I loved my old Chevy Blazer, a Tahoe  I thought it was.  70's or the 80's I had that and it went through a lot of deep snow. Once I put it in 4 granny low and went up a steep hill with solid ice on it that kids made sliding down it all day. I'd love a Humvee, but those are way too much for my blood. 

Drank a thermos bottle of what some call foo foo coffee. I can't drink it black, tried many many times. Same as beer. That just tastes like crap to me, however I could drink straight liquor. cream & sugar is fine in my coffee.  Then a day out cleaning leaves. My gosh, it was like 3" of snow with 4' snow drifts,  only with leaves instead of snow. All with gusty winds the whole day to add to the fun. 😃

Looking forward to finally spend some quality time with my guitars.   Exercise, Dogs,  keeping up with laundry and housework get in the way.   JDGM -  your  comment says it all.  Thanks!

And, today I am also scratching my head.   

Wondering why and how two significant news items happened to be released days after The Elections.  Putin stepping down.  Pfizer finalizing a CV19 virus that is 90% effective.    So, what I"m NOT doing today is spending as much time watching  "The News".