Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

7 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Found out this morning that at least 3 people in this county have contracted COVID-19 twice - back in May and then in October which caused their surgeries to be pushed back.

I know this is a small data point but the whole you're immune thing may be not exactly.

Anything is medically possible said my neurologist. 

19 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Found out this morning that at least 3 people in this county have contracted COVID-19 twice - back in May and then in October which caused their surgeries to be pushed back.

I know this is a small data point but the whole you're immune thing may be not exactly.

I stopped believing all the reported scare stories when after months of telling us to wipe down groceries with disinfectant - they said -  "Never Mind".    CDC this week changed guidance on re-using masks.  It's been 10 months - they just figured out 'best practices'  for masks !!!    I thought they were a billion dollar outfit charged with "CONTROLLING DISEASE".  They've made lots of changes and reversals in the past year and should have had this one piece of information nailed.  Experts like this are telling us they can measure the rise in the earths temperature by a couple of degrees over a couple of millennia.  And cows are a big part of the problem.    Pffft.

Repaired the wiring on my Triumph Sprint GT so was able to ride that beauty around a bit.  With the encouraging news about the vaccines maybe I will get to see all 48 lower states on that bike after all.  Think I'll have to do strategically timed jaunts to dodge the aforementioned floods, fires, hurricanes, swarms of locusts, hordes of pitchfork weilding ornery locals, etc. and then

drumroll please

I bought something ridiculously ICONIC!!!

38 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

drumroll please

I bought something ridiculously ICONIC!!!

Ahh....congrats yet again.....BUT I have to tell you........not you OR Sparquelito OR Mihcmac are buying guitars at the rate RevDavidLee did!!

You all have to up your game considerably. [wink]

Need more amps.

Edited by jdgm

5 minutes ago, SteveFord said:

I would have to up my salary considerably to match him.  I can't see that happening anytime soon.

It's a shame he stopped posting here, I always enjoyed his contributions.  No matter what it was, he was always so enthusiastic about it.

Could not agree more.

1 hour ago, jdgm said:

Ahh....congrats yet again.....BUT I have to tell you........not you OR Sparquelito OR Mihcmac are buying guitars at the rate RevDavidLee did!!

Need more amps.

1 hour ago, SteveFord said:

I would have to up my salary considerably to match him.  I can't see that happening anytime soon.

It's a shame he stopped posting here, I always enjoyed his contributions.  No matter what it was, he was always so enthusiastic about it.

My recent acquisitions took me by surprise, the last 2 Epiphones blindsided me, as I wasn't expecting to find them. My 339 is proving punch way above its weight class like Karloff mentioned. The Wilshire is still unknown, but I have high hopes... Fortunately collecting Epiphones doesn't break the bank too badly and allows me to be a bit braver with things I don't get to touch before buying.

Edited by mihcmac
  • Like 1

On 11/25/2020 at 7:23 PM, SteveFord said:

I just heard back from a friend of mine who got it last April, it screwed his joints up really badly.

Here's his response:

Thanks for the heads up. I've been hearing of a few other people I know getting it a second time

Debbie has a friend that got it twice. 

3 hours ago, jdgm said:

I have to tell you........not you OR Sparquelito OR Mihcmac are buying guitars at the rate RevDavidLee did!!

When my wife's Uncle died, I was left with a small collection of antique firearms. I added to it over all the years.  The majority has never been fired.  Too darn bad that didn't start off as a guitar collection. I would have 85 guitars in the collection Lol. 

13 hours ago, SteveFord said:

It looks like the second time isn't as bad as the first.

Just heard from a friend, both him and his wife have it at the moment.   His comment was "sux".

I'm on my second 14 day quarantine from work. I've been in close contact with 2 coworkers that got it. Just found out my wife's older brother just got it. He was planning on taking his whole family (wife and his 12 and 11 year old girls to Disney World after Xmas), so he would have gotten it anyway. Not sure if the trip is off or still on now. He wears the sweater of the current incumbent President who didn't win re-election, so I am thinking he still would / will. 

I'm working from home 🤑 till the 3rd of December. I need to call the clinic at NASA the day before I go back and talk to the staff Doctor and he is going to ask me "You got any symptoms" and that is it. If I say, Nope< I go back to work the next day. 

My co-worker that got it said for him the body aches were the worst and loosing smell and taste and eating with felt like just a chunk of some flavorless wad of stuff in your mouth.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

2 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Holy crap, in 2 days Pennsyltucky jumped 15,785 cases.

I just looked, Australia has under 28,000 cases for the whole country.

Is travel helping the numbers?  I looked up in the air today out doing raking and saw passenger jets flying over every which way.  Wasn't that a big way of spreading it in the beginning? 

Swam a half mile. 

Picked up groceries. 

Came home. 
Took a nap. 

Led all three dogs on a long neighborhood walk. 

Hung two new guitar wall hangers in the music room. 
Set my two newest acquisitions onto them. 

Cooked supper for myself and the wife. Beef stir-fry. 

Having a cold beer. 
Typing in a minimalist fashion. 

Thinking that a haiku would be inappropriate. 
😗

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SteveFord said:

Holy crap, in 2 days Pennsyltucky jumped 15,785 cases.

I just looked, Australia has under 28,000 cases for the whole country.

That is because there is 102 types of snakes, 83 types of spiders and only 100,000 people, and maybe 5000 of the original Aussies the Aborigines'. 

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Just got done with the shed/garage swap. Snow blower and generator come out of the shed and into the garage. The lawn mower, trimmer and leaf sweeper come out of the garage and go into the shed. While the shed is empty, get all of the Christmas decor out. All of the crap we haven't used from the shed in the past year, in the trash.

Went to GC yesterday, dang is that wall empty! Walked next door to S.A. same thing. 200 miles round trip just to look at empty walls.

• Like 1

I don't hold much hope for the future of GC and their subs. Pretty sure they'll last a bit longer but they are in the throws of a slow and painful death. It was nice to see all the same faces working there. I hope for their sake, corporate get's their crap together. Most of the folks at my local GC have been there a very long time and are very knowledgeable.

I stopped going around 2015 as it was just revolving door with the personnel.  

Everyone has always been helpful but I have no idea who any of them are.

I showed one of the sales kids the incredibly bowed neck on a Firebird V (kind of an S-shape) and he went yeah and hung it  back  up on the wall...

That last picture makes me laugh.  

That boa must have 2-3 dozen babies starting in her and she's warming them up under a heat lamp.  She's so big and strong it's a two person job to move her and that tortoise was just bound and determined to try and bulldoze out of the way.

Good luck, Buddy!