Jump to content
Gibson Brands Forums
Mr. Gibson

WTH did you do today?

Recommended Posts

On 3/3/2020 at 2:55 PM, Tman said:

Began my 2nd day of no drinking. All of March and maybe later until I drop 18 pounds. Wish me luck.

I can say I slept well and woke up feeling better than I have in a long time. I'm doing it with my wife and keyboard player bandmate.

Good for you Tman. I gave up drinking over 40 years ago when I married, don't miss it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Day 8 and going strong! A march of a thousand miles begins with but a single step. or something along those lines...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Third trip to the grocery stores in three days.  We good.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, rct said:

Third trip to the grocery stores in three days.  We good.

rct

Did they have any TP on the shelves. Hard to find here...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, they do.  Fortunately, I made a big paper goods trip second week of February, so we are good.

The TP aisle is fully stocked, with pallets at either end chock full of sh1t paper goodness.

Since I've been the shopping guy for ten years, and since retirement I'm in the store a couple times a week because I can cook all the time, I know what it costs to live.

It isn't the shortage the wee todds on social media are mouthing off about.  It's the gouge.  Every pack, every brand, all of them, in the two shoprites I go to, all are at TWICE what they were a month ago.  Already.

Fukking christ, already.  goddammit we absolutely loathe living here.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, rct said:

Yes, they do.  Fortunately, I made a big paper goods trip second week of February, so we are good.

The TP aisle is fully stocked, with pallets at either end chock full of sh1t paper goodness.

Since I've been the shopping guy for ten years, and since retirement I'm in the store a couple times a week because I can cook all the time, I know what it costs to live.

It isn't the shortage the wee todds on social media are mouthing off about.  It's the gouge.  Every pack, every brand, all of them, in the two shoprites I go to, all are at TWICE what they were a month ago.  Already.

Fukking christ, already.  goddammit we absolutely loathe living here.

rct

Those blue bears in the commercials are funny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, rct said:

Yes, they do.  Fortunately, I made a big paper goods trip second week of February, so we are good.

The TP aisle is fully stocked, with pallets at either end chock full of sh1t paper goodness.

Since I've been the shopping guy for ten years, and since retirement I'm in the store a couple times a week because I can cook all the time, I know what it costs to live.

It isn't the shortage the wee todds on social media are mouthing off about.  It's the gouge.  Every pack, every brand, all of them, in the two shoprites I go to, all are at TWICE what they were a month ago.  Already.

Fukking christ, already.  goddammit we absolutely loathe living here.

rct

Move to North Dakota,we have plenty of room for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mr. Gibson said:

Move to North Dakota,we have plenty of room for you. 

 

We've looked twice.  A beautiful piece of our country with a pretty good tax scene for retirees that is unfortunately too cold for too long and has very little to do for us.  US 2 is a beautiful drive with a couple nice cities and lots of fabulous different kinds of nothing in between.  We like to take that one whenever we can.

rct

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Trying to find flooring for our kitchen. The one we ordered was put on hold till sometime in May because of the coronavirus. So we have to find something else that works so the guys can finish it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dealing with the cancellation of most of the work conferences that I have something to do with this spring. Very disappointing. Never been to Ireland and really want to go.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tman said:

Dealing with the cancellation of most of the work conferences that I have something to do with this spring. Very disappointing. Never been to Ireland and really want to go.


We were going to France for vacay (missus is a teacher, who gets Spring Break). 

Not happening.  I'm over 60, and arguably immunocompromised (missing lymph nodes from cancer surgery).  At this point we're trying to cut our financial losses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brian Krashpad said:


We were going to France for vacay (missus is a teacher, who gets Spring Break). 

Not happening.  I'm over 60, and arguably immunocompromised (missing lymph nodes from cancer surgery).  At this point we're trying to cut our financial losses.

Yes very fluid situation but mostly bad news this week. 1 Conference cancelled yesterday and 2 more on the chopping block. I'm thinking quarantine and other measures being taken in Europe will only get worse over the next month, especially with an up to 14 day incubation period.  I am so not a glass is half empty kind of guy just trying to be realistic.

Edited by Tman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, rct said:

 

We've looked twice.  A beautiful piece of our country with a pretty good tax scene for retirees that is unfortunately too cold for too long and has very little to do for us.  US 2 is a beautiful drive with a couple nice cities and lots of fabulous different kinds of nothing in between.  We like to take that one whenever we can.

rct

Yep the cold keeps a lot of people from moving here. Only 750,000 in the whole state of nd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tman said:

......I'm thinking quarantine and other measures being taken in Europe will only get worse over the next month, especially with an up to 14 day incubation period. 

 

This is correct.  We are still on the upward curve.  Chief Medical Officer in UK  says they are expecting the daily rate of infection to increase for probably another 2 months, and are moving from  containnment strategy into delaying it as much as possible.

Italy 'locked down' except for food shops and emergency services,  Germany predicting up to70% of people may get infected, Poland closing all schools and this is going on all over Europe now.  Flights everywhere being cancelled.   All has to be done.  These are strange and uncertain times.

 

I spent quite awhile this afternoon getting my cheapo little tablet PC to configure/connect its wi-fi to a new router, then update Win10.  Fast it isn't.

And I'm plotting a NGD too...end of month...maybe if I'm lucky .   Keep calm and.....🎸

Edited by jdgm

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, jdgm said:

 

This is correct.  We are still on the upward curve.  Chief Medical Officer in UK  says they are expecting the daily rate of infection to increase for probably another 2 months, and are moving from  containnment strategy into delaying it as much as possible.

Italy 'locked down' except for food shops and emergency services,  Germany predicting up to70% of people may get infected, Poland closing all schools and this is going on all over Europe now.  Flights everywhere being cancelled.   All has to be done.  These are strange and uncertain times.

 

I spent quite awhile this afternoon getting my cheapo little tablet PC to configure/connect its wi-fi to a new router, then update Win10.  Fast it isn't.

And I'm plotting a NGD too...end of month...maybe if I'm lucky .   Keep calm and.....🎸

The Prez shutdown all travel from Europe starting tomorrow,,except the UK. Gotta do what you gotta do. We've got our first case confirmed yesterday here in North Dakota,Meanwhile the shelves at the stores are being attacked by paranoid,greedy,non caring except for themselves people. Hate to see what happens if some real sh1t went down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Made some bistro tables at work from some amazing looking woods.

Pippy Oak

2xSq7DP.jpg

Spalted and flamed Beech

EijJRUO.jpg

Brown Maple

n7VQur5.jpg

Yew

48X1Ggs.jpg

3KsfHGi.jpg

And of course. London Plane

8nLKBh0.jpg

u1BKfQY.jpg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr. Natural said:

Today I quarantined myself in the backyard with a couple of cheap cigars and a couple of beers.

Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried my best to talk the wife out of a 40 grand addition to the house, to no avail. There goes the LP standard goldtop I had my eye on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yesterday I finished up an Appellee's Answer Brief to be filed in the Florida Second District Court of Appeal.  Had already done all the argument bits, so it was down to finalizing the Table of Contents and Table of Citations.  Ugh.  The latter is a huge p i t a, as one has to alphabetically list every case and statute cited in the document, and the page(s) where each is cited.  But hey, it pays the bills.

Thereafter ignored a transparent attempt by my former boss to talk me out of going on Spring Break.  Now, I'm not actually "going" anywhere probably, but he doesn't need to know that.

Then I mowed most of the front lawn with a push mower.  So there's that.  At least the neighbors won't be showing up with torches and pitchforks now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so far, slept in (730) , load of laundry, fed the dogs, took them for a walk, fixed breakfast for my wife (she sleeps late because of pain meds...), met my buddy for breakfast in town, pharmacy for more meds for wife, another load of laundry, scooped poop, put my gear away from gig, re-strung my 335, took carb off my bike, another cup of coffee, fixed thermostat for 2nd floor heat, added kerosene to boiler tank, getting ready to play some guitar. 

Edited by Karloff
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2020 at 11:28 PM, labomba said:

Tried my best to talk the wife out of a 40 grand addition to the house, to no avail. There goes the LP standard goldtop I had my eye on. 

Just buy the guitar and show her.

Plunked on the 000-28. Jammed some Zappa. Gonna go out and get on of those D'Adarrio Humidifier Packs of my 000. All have them but that one. It has been left out of its case most of the time I've owned it (right after Mark's famous video, traded BB for it), so I can grab it at a moments notice. Maybe I should hydrate it for a bit.  Hope no one coughs on me.  People are loosing their sh!t out there. It's the the Zombie Apocalypse started for real or something. Maybe I should grab by Louisville Slugger with barbed wire around the end just in case. Calm the F down people. 

Yesterday I was in GC in VB, VA and in the sectioned off expensive room was a D-35, D-28, 00 or 000-18 (can't remember how may 0's) HBird, a Furch's Acoustic (never seen one), a D-28 Authentic 1937 or 39 ( super mega pimp  overly expensive one) and a J-45. There was a guy in there playing and he was serious. He had a tin of his own picks (I just had one, I suck) and looked like he was gonna be there a while. Wasn't in the mood to get the helpful associates to unlock anything, so I went and played a few things in the electric room. All the nice Gibson's were on the 3rd tier or behind the counter. So I played some Fender's (Strat and a Electric XII) I could reach, and a Gretsch solid body single cutaway. Screw you guy's I'll go home and play my stuff. They had the Jimmy Page Dragon Tele. That thing looks like @ss.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sgt. Pepper said:

Just buy the guitar and show her.

Plunked on the 000-28. Jammed some Zappa. Gonna go out and get on of those D'Adarrio Humidifier Packs of my 000. All have them but that one. It has been left out of its case most of the time I've owned it (right after Mark's famous video, traded BB for it), so I can grab it at a moments notice. Maybe I should hydrate it for a bit.  Hope no one coughs on me.  People are loosing their sh!t out there. It's the the Zombie Apocalypse started for real or something. Maybe I should grab by Louisville Slugger with barbed wire around the end just in case. Calm the F down people. 

Yesterday I was in GC in VB, VA and in the sectioned off expensive room was a D-35, D-28, 00 or 000-18 (can't remember how may 0's) HBird, a Furch's Acoustic (never seen one), a D-28 Authentic 1937 or 39 ( super mega pimp  overly expensive one) and a J-45. There was a guy in there playing and he was serious. He had a tin of his own picks (I just had one, I suck) and looked like he was gonna be there a while. Wasn't in the mood to get the helpful associates to unlock anything, so I went and played a few things in the electric room. All the nice Gibson's were on the 3rd tier or behind the counter. So I played some Fender's (Strat and a Electric XII) I could reach, and a Gretsch solid body single cutaway. Screw you guy's I'll go home and play my stuff. They had the Jimmy Page Dragon Tele. That thing looks like @ss.

Lol easier said then done. I told her to keep a few extra thousand on the side and she said you’ll maybe get 500, go look at  an Epiphone. Glad you had a fun day though. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, labomba said:

Lol easier said then done. I told her to keep a few extra thousand on the side and she said you’ll maybe get 500, go look at  an Epiphone. Glad you had a fun day though. Lol

I'd rather be in LR eating seafood.  Last time there we went to the all you can eat place on 17 a mile or two past the new Rio's Brazilian steak place.I ate crab legs till I popped. I got my D-15 there. And I could go to GC to talk to Zoe.  Girls with glasses turn on.

Think I'll rock One Size Fits All later and finish the Woodstock doc I'm watching on NF. Maybe Chinese tonight wife is out of town.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...