Gibson Brands Forums

WTH did you do today?

Mr. Gibson

I killed quarantine time making my first proper amp family photo in 8 years.

Wall O' Sound, 2020.

Back (l-r):  Crate BX 200/Ampeg SVT (200W 8x10), '67 Fender Super Reverb (40W 4x10, dual cabbed), '69 Kustom 100 (100W 1x15), Top:  Marshall 5213 (100W 2x12) Bottom: Ampeg Reverberocket 212R (50W 2x12), Top: '60s Sunn 200s (40W) Bottom: DIY 2x12 Celestion cab; '70s Woodson 250 (250W 1x15), Top:  Cigarbox Homebuilt (0.5 W) Middle: Sovtek MiG 50H Tube Midget (50W) Bottom: Risson cab (4x12).

Front (l-r): Kustom Tube 12A (1x8), Marshall 5275 (75W 1x12),  Peavey Triple XXX Super 40EXP (40W 1x12), Vox AD30VT-XL (30W 1x12), Marshall 5210 (50W 1x12), MosValve MV-962 (80W 1x12), Laney TF100 (50w 1x10), Marshall 5002 (20W 1x10, Fender Super Champ XD (15W 1x10).

91204064_10158085150563879_8570861355203

Next I'ma drag all the electric guitars out too.  Pray for me!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Philby said:

I killed quarantine time with my pretty R8 ! 

Sounding good there! 

I will have to venture out for food, but then I'm staying indoors for the rest of the weekend. Doing my part, I guess. Almost everything's closed down anyway.  So I'll veg out in front of some streamed entertainment. Tomorrow I'm paying guitar, I think. 

2 hours ago, Philby said:

I killed quarantine time with my pretty R8 ! 

Sounds pretty good, Nice guitar to.  I haven't been playing although stuck inside. Other than waiting for 2 more cabinets yet, our Kitchen is done as well as the back porch. We've just been cleaning up and unpacking all the dishes and stuff. There was a lot of dust all through the house. 

Not a lot here.. We are setting up a tablet for my mum so she can skype the grandkids...  So I popped out to pick it up.. The hardest bit is going to be getting my mum to learn how to use it.. She doesn't do technology...  

When I picked it up though at my sisters home I had the most painful moment yet in this whole thing. My sister has a  lovely dog called Olive (Welsh terrier). We are very good friends and I haven't seen her for weeks. In order to be sensible my sister just left the tablet on her front door so I didn't go in the house or anything, but my niece Betssie wanted to say hello at the widow..  Olive spotted me and started whining cos she wanted to see me..  Was really upsetting just cos she doesn't understand why she cant see me... not being able to go in and give her a good scratching.... Oh well. better to be safe... I know.   Just so odd how something as simple as popping to my sisters is now so weird.

Olive.. In this shot I had said the W word  🙂

DUPxb00.jpg

And of course loves a good fight

jvPM9YI.jpg

Edited by Rabs
  • Like 4

Figured out how to blend the bad stuff that comes off the top of the still with aloe from the garden and lavender oil to make home made hand steriliser. Wife made up facemasks (washable) from a variety of material - think mine'll be paisley. Built a sandstone retaining wall with father in law. Made some beef jerky. Set up home office to work from home from Tuesday. Drank a fair bit. A good weekend considering...

• Like 1

Amazing collection Krashpad. The checkerboard one is epileptogenic however if one stares too long. What is it? I don't see pickups (or anything on the face).

I'm at work today. The place is deserted.

Edited by Tman
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Tman said:

Amazing collection Krashpad. The checkerboard one is epileptogenic however if one stares too long. What is it? I don't see pickups (or anything on the face).

I'm at work today. The place is deserted.

Thanks!  Checkers is a no-name "Sears Special," similar to a Teisco or any number of early-'70s MIJ offenses against nature.  My folks bought it for me, my first electric.  Virtually unplayable.   By c. 1980 I finally gave up on it and made it into the wall art in the photo.  Originally sunburst.  I covered it in white interior wall paint, graphed it off with a pencil, and filled in the black squares with a bottle of black hobbyist model paint, by hand.  The back is still sunburst, haha!

I lost track of it after law school, and 6 or 7 years ago at a band reunion, one of my housemates/bandmates from back in the day gave it back to me!  It lives up on a shelf in the garage practice space here at palatial Casa Krashpad.

91392659_10158091370728879_7418933014538

Edited by Brian Krashpad

And the blue Ovation at top right?

....I'm assuming it's an Ovation Deacon or a Breadwinner?

You should've met Rev David Lee.........................🎸[thumbup]

Edited by jdgm
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, jdgm said:

And the blue Ovation at top right?

....I'm assuming it's an Ovation Deacon or a Breadwinner?

You should've met Rev David Lee.........................🎸[thumbup]

Correct, yes, it's a Breadwinner.  Ol' Blue always attracts attention.  Was my main guitar through most of the wacky '80s.

89322043_f6ac1ee01c_c.jpg

On 3/29/2020 at 5:05 PM, uncle fester said:

sweeeeeeeet

On 3/29/2020 at 1:23 PM, Brian Krashpad said:

Added the guitars to the mix this morning.  I'd forgotten I'd lent out the Thunderbird and had to get her back in the sake of completeness.

49713309211_a99e35b79a_b.jpg

You need 4 more guitars, so you can play a different one each day on a 31 day month. LOL    I didn't count the amps.....Same could apply there to? 

• Like 1